Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Chores For Your Kids?!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 12 Replies
Do your kids have chores in your house?

What are they?

My oldest two (14 and 11) do dishes together, by hand since we don't have a dish washer. They also change the kitchen and bathroom trash when full.

My 8 yr old sweeps the floor in the kitchen and living room.

My 4 and 6 yr olds help pick up their stuff around the house as they tend to drag it out of their room. They also help run the dirty diapers to the diaper bucket to get ready for washing.

My 2 yr old runs trash to the trash can. She loves that job and takes trash away from others to do it. LOL! My 1 1/2 yr old wants to do her job, but we find all kinds of things (shoes, spices, etc...) in the trash.

Some days my oldest 4 will change a few diapers, or help hang laundry on the line (or bring it in).

They all clean their own rooms.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My kids are to pick up after themselves and to do any odd jobs I ask of them throughout the day. Like put their laundry away or Hey, Blake take the trash out please, etc.

I dont have any SET chores for them to complete though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Their chores change each day. We all take turns doing dinner dishes. Sometimes I give them one or two things to do and sometimes I assign an entire room for them ( bathroom, living room, kitchen ect...). They are responsible for their rooms as well.
karraselle
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM

My dd is 10 and her jobs include,

keeping her bedroom and bathroom tidy

poop patrol...she scoops the cat litter boxes daily and rakes up the doggie doo in the back yard three times a week.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM

No not really. I may ask for help with something like unloading groceries but no set chores.

mary841108
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM

my kids dont have a set chore other than keeping their rooms clean & putting away their clothes. other than that i do everything, but i dont mind, i want them to focus on being kids and doing good in school.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM

DD is 5.  She puts away her own laundry, puts away silverware, & picks up after herself.  She also likes to wipe off the countertops.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Other than cleaning his room or helping me out cooking here and there or taking out the garbage on request,  he didn't have any chores until he was about 14.

After that we all took turns with everything, cooking, dishes, grass, laundry etc.

In the summers he'd get extra chores to earn money from.

then he started working his last two summers home, so we just went back to rotating through the big jobs.

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I have a 5 and a 7 year old. They pick up their own rooms, the living room and the 7 year old will run the vacuum. 

The 7 year old also brings the garbage cans in from the curb and the 5 year old takes the recycling basket we keep inside, to the large one outside. 

The rest isn't set chores, helping me wash the mirrors/windows in the house or helping their Dad clean the kitchen is just part of living in the house. It takes all 4 of us to keep a reasonable handle on the house, so we all live here and pitch in. 

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM

my four year old feeds the dog and picks up his toys and room ..he earns video game time or will lose it for not doing these things

momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM
She has to pick up after herself. She helps set & clear the table. She loves to dust & do windows. She also sweeps the kitchen floor once a week & puts away her laundry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)