Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old should girls be able to wear...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
thongs? My aunt let my 12 yo cousin wear them . I won't buy them for my girls . (they are 12&14) ETA: I would buy them if they had to wear something that may show their panty lines for an occasion . They wear jeans& khaki . They don't need no thongs...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I've never in my life been teased over that...

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think around 12 is fine if they are for the purpose of wearing under a skirt that may show panty lines. Kids can be ruthless with teasing about things like panty-lines. my mom got me 2 thongs when i was about 13, 1 white, 1 black. nothing fancy or frills, just plain cotton ones. they were to have to wear under my skirts or dresses we had school choir concerts and things like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM
18 and paid for by them.
dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My 14 y/o wears them under her volleyball spandex and that's just about it.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Only strippers need to wear thongs. It's their uniform. I won't buy them for my daughter. I don't wear them myself. A panty line is no big deal. At least people will know you wear them. The bigger problem would be that your clothes are too tight.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Um, 18.  Those will not be allowed on my daughter's bottoms until then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Whenever they want I lov hem because they are really comfy. They are just underwear nothing wrong with that

mama2sqgl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Hahaha my dd did that too. She said mom your butt is so big it eats your undies..
lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

when my older daughter was lil, she told people that my butt was eating my underwear after she seen me in my thong . I was a look embarrassed lol

Quoting AngelRT:

I would say teenager. 

My daughter actually came walking in my room this weekend (which she knows she is not supposed to do) and I was getting dressed. She seen my butt in my thongs and she busted out laughing! She was like - OMGOSH MOM!!!! What kind of panties are those? So funny, you can see your butt! She was laughing so hard she was crying! hahahahaha Then she said...Can I have some butt tongs? OMG I couldn't stop laughing! 

ETA - she is 7

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

18-. when i was in high school there were girls that purposely wore low rise jeans just so their thong can show in the back...so in my opinion it's to get the attention of boys.....

Serenity7
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)