Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old should girls be able to wear...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
thongs? My aunt let my 12 yo cousin wear them . I won't buy them for my girls . (they are 12&14) ETA: I would buy them if they had to wear something that may show their panty lines for an occasion . They wear jeans& khaki . They don't need no thongs...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (51-60):
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

i remember in middle school hearing the boys and even some of the girls snickering about things like that. if a girl in gym had hairy legs, or didnt have nice tennis shoes, etc. the panty line one was one i heard a lot of people snicker about. even making fun of teachers about it. our assistant principal was a big lady and always wore these pant-suit kind of things. but the pant fabric was thin and you could always see her panty line. people would always laugh at her walking away. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never in my life been teased over that...

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think around 12 is fine if they are for the purpose of wearing under a skirt that may show panty lines. Kids can be ruthless with teasing about things like panty-lines. my mom got me 2 thongs when i was about 13, 1 white, 1 black. nothing fancy or frills, just plain cotton ones. they were to have to wear under my skirts or dresses we had school choir concerts and things like that. 

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Hmm.. Weird. I don't think I've ever even known anyone who has been made fun of for that or anyone who has made fun of someone for that... Didn't mean to go anon for last time -_- stupid phone.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i remember in middle school hearing the boys and even some of the girls snickering about things like that. if a girl in gym had hairy legs, or didnt have nice tennis shoes, etc. the panty line one was one i heard a lot of people snicker about. even making fun of teachers about it. our assistant principal was a big lady and always wore these pant-suit kind of things. but the pant fabric was thin and you could always see her panty line. people would always laugh at her walking away. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never in my life been teased over that...

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think around 12 is fine if they are for the purpose of wearing under a skirt that may show panty lines. Kids can be ruthless with teasing about things like panty-lines. my mom got me 2 thongs when i was about 13, 1 white, 1 black. nothing fancy or frills, just plain cotton ones. they were to have to wear under my skirts or dresses we had school choir concerts and things like that. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2.5girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Mine can wear them when they can get a job and pay for them !!!!! Till then Uh no!
winkyloafer
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I agree

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Our house rule is I won't buy you sexy panties. lol, when they are old enough and working they can buy their own. So 16 is when they're allowed to legally start working in this state so that's when they'll be allowed to buy their own sexy panties. If they need panties that won't show underwear lines I know a great brand of boy shorts that won't show through.

kavp84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
At 16 I will let my daughters wear them if they so choose.
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't really care what they choose to wear underneath their clothes, so long as they are wearing something OVER it.

LeaDawn
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Well ya what she said

LeaDawn
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:44 AM

what she said :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN