Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old should girls be able to wear...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
thongs? My aunt let my 12 yo cousin wear them . I won't buy them for my girls . (they are 12&14) ETA: I would buy them if they had to wear something that may show their panty lines for an occasion . They wear jeans& khaki . They don't need no thongs...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (61-70):
surromama
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM
My daughter started at 14, but I would have got them earlier if she had asked. I don't see the big deal, its underwear, not a bathing suit. I know nobody will see them. She doesn't want panty lines, totally understand. She also has boy shorts and bikini.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Till she can buy them on her own....
LeaDawn
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Quoting Buggy979:

When they want.. its only underwear its not a sex toy or underwear that screams I'm a slut... I just don't understand what the big deal is about them...

What SHE Said ^

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:48 AM

We had to buy them for ourselves if we wanted them. I think I was 15 when I started buying them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Maybe not to your face or perhaps you weren't wearing anything that made them noticable. I have heard it many times, not to myself, but people pointing it out on others. I notice and just think the woman didn't check the mirror before leaving the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never in my life been teased over that...

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think around 12 is fine if they are for the purpose of wearing under a skirt that may show panty lines. Kids can be ruthless with teasing about things like panty-lines. my mom got me 2 thongs when i was about 13, 1 white, 1 black. nothing fancy or frills, just plain cotton ones. they were to have to wear under my skirts or dresses we had school choir concerts and things like that. 

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Personally I don't think they're appropriate for girls until they're adults and choose to wear them. Panties lines are not a big deal to me. Yes I have thongs, and I only wear them for a special occasion, for dh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Not always. Those no panty line panties are usually still visible depending on the outfit.

Quoting shivasgirl:

you can get the same look with nylon full briefs, no need for "butt floss"

Quoting AleaKat:

I'd say 15 or 16

It's not always about being "sexy" sometimes it's about slim no panty lines.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM
I have always hated slips. They are always slipping. What about pants? I will stick with thongs.

Quoting kandie63:

Thongs are trashy imo. What happened to wearing a slip?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM

kirstina
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:02 AM
when they buy them and i dont know about them. lol 16-18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)