Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old should girls be able to wear...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
thongs? My aunt let my 12 yo cousin wear them . I won't buy them for my girls . (they are 12&14) ETA: I would buy them if they had to wear something that may show their panty lines for an occasion . They wear jeans& khaki . They don't need no thongs...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (81-90):
RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:44 AM
I wore them from a very young age because of figure skating. Nothing worse than a panty line or panties showing up under your dress.

As far as everyday wear it wasn't until I could buy them myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:46 AM
My daughter (if I ever have one that is) can wear thongs when she is old enough to buy her own clothing.
(BBC=mrscorbin924)
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM
I don't wear them because I find them uncomfortable. Dh and I both consider them 'sexy' so I would not want my girls wearing them until they are 18. I think dh would have a stroke if he saw one of his kids walking around in a thong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Whenever they want them.  It's underwear, not a huge deal.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:58 AM

i don't think it an easy thing to control. Underwear patrol? nah

Thongs are probably the easiest thing to hide. If she wants to wear some, she'll find a way to change into em after she's left the house and change back before she gets home. Thats nothing new for girls to do.

I dont they are ever necessary and that minors shouldnt wear them because they attract the wrong attention, and like it or not men are going to look, but yeah its nearly impossible to control unless you catch em out in public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Oh well, if that's all They have to make fun of me for I should count myself lucky. Also, I'd be telling ten to stop stating at my butt because its making me uncomfortable. Who the hell checks people's asses out to look for panty lines?!... Not I. I have more important things to worry about than another woman's panty line lol I'm sorry that you don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe not to your face or perhaps you weren't wearing anything that made them noticable. I have heard it many times, not to myself, but people pointing it out on others. I notice and just think the woman didn't check the mirror before leaving the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never in my life been teased over that...

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think around 12 is fine if they are for the purpose of wearing under a skirt that may show panty lines. Kids can be ruthless with teasing about things like panty-lines. my mom got me 2 thongs when i was about 13, 1 white, 1 black. nothing fancy or frills, just plain cotton ones. they were to have to wear under my skirts or dresses we had school choir concerts and things like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:05 AM

If the woman has the body for it, I don't think any man is really making fun, and is probably thinknig it looks pretty hot. Men making fun are only making a show of it for the sake of their partners and gives them an excuse to look (making fun of a woman is the only way a guy gets a chance to check her out without getting in trouble)

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh well, if that's all They have to make fun of me for I should count myself lucky. Also, I'd be telling ten to stop stating at my butt because its making me uncomfortable. Who the hell checks people's asses out to look for panty lines?!... Not I. I have more important things to worry about than another woman's panty line lol I'm sorry that you don't.
Aubrey-Nicole
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I say 12 or 13. I mean its just underwear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:06 AM

15- up- it is just freaking underwear

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM

why is anyone looking under a very young girls dress? And why would anyone care if their were panty lines or be looking for that much detail?

On the older more mature females, I can see admiring her form, but a little kid?

Quoting RigPrincess85:

I wore them from a very young age because of figure skating. Nothing worse than a panty line or panties showing up under your dress.

As far as everyday wear it wasn't until I could buy them myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)