Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old should girls be able to wear...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
thongs? My aunt let my 12 yo cousin wear them . I won't buy them for my girls . (they are 12&14) ETA: I would buy them if they had to wear something that may show their panty lines for an occasion . They wear jeans& khaki . They don't need no thongs...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (91-100):
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:10 AM

when they can buy them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Yes, because a young girl is going to be wearing them for a man... Eww. If you've got a nice butt it doesn't matter what kinda underwear you wear because it always looks good. I don't wear thongs. I have other ones that don't cause panty lines that look much nicer than a thing AND they don't ride up my butt. But if you like the feeling if something wedged in your ass crack, that's cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

If the woman has the body for it, I don't think any man is really making fun, and is probably thinknig it looks pretty hot. Men making fun are only making a show of it for the sake of their partners and gives them an excuse to look (making fun of a woman is the only way a guy gets a chance to check her out without getting in trouble)

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh well, if that's all They have to make fun of me for I should count myself lucky. Also, I'd be telling ten to stop stating at my butt because its making me uncomfortable. Who the hell checks people's asses out to look for panty lines?!... Not I. I have more important things to worry about than another woman's panty line lol I'm sorry that you don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe not to your face or perhaps you weren't wearing anything that made them noticable. I have heard it many times, not to myself, but people pointing it out on others. I notice and just think the woman didn't check the mirror before leaving the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never in my life been teased over that...

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think around 12 is fine if they are for the purpose of wearing under a skirt that may show panty lines. Kids can be ruthless with teasing about things like panty-lines. my mom got me 2 thongs when i was about 13, 1 white, 1 black. nothing fancy or frills, just plain cotton ones. they were to have to wear under my skirts or dresses we had school choir concerts and things like that. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:16 AM

how would a man know how old a total stranger is? All he sees is a curvy young woman with a nice butt. Plus she's wearing clothes to show off her form, so its nearly impossible to not look.  She's obviously physically mature enough to turn heads. Curves are curves and looking is harmless. How would he know how old she is unless he walks up and asks?

But no, I don't like em either. I agree with ya on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, because a young girl is going to be wearing them for a man... Eww. If you've got a nice butt it doesn't matter what kinda underwear you wear because it always looks good. I don't wear thongs. I have other ones that don't cause panty lines that look much nicer than a thing AND they don't ride up my butt. But if you like the feeling if something wedged in your ass crack, that's cool.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I have a 14 year old, if she wanted some I would buy them, whats the big deal its just underwear. 

MayFlowerMomma
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM

When they can buy them. Thats what I had to do.

RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM
When you're a competitive skater every last detail comes into play when you're being judged, even the costume. Panty lines are a big no no. By very young I mean 11 years old, not 4. I never looked at it as a thing, it was always just a part of making sure the dress looked good.

Quoting Anonymous:

why is anyone looking under a very young girls dress? And why would anyone care if their were panty lines or be looking for that much detail?

On the older more mature females, I can see admiring her form, but a little kid?

Quoting RigPrincess85:

I wore them from a very young age because of figure skating. Nothing worse than a panty line or panties showing up under your dress.

As far as everyday wear it wasn't until I could buy them myself.

Behindthelense
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:19 AM

When she wants one. Like other people have said, it's just underwear. I think I was 15 when I got my first one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:21 AM
If he can't tell a 13 year old from an 18 year old theres a problem, not necessarily with him, if its the way he dresses that's totally on the parents. I mean, at that age they don't have their own money. They get what you buy them. In also not saying thy should be wearing overalls and an oversized sweater, just dressed in clothes that hug curves less and more modest. Ya know? My DH thinks I looks sexy in my scrubs and thy don't hug every curve.. Hell, I've been hit on many times in them lol panty line and all! They weren't even old pervy guys either lol

Quoting Anonymous:

how would a man know how old a total stranger is? All he sees is a curvy young woman with a nice butt. Plus she's wearing clothes to show off her form, so its nearly impossible to not look.  She's obviously physically mature enough to turn heads. Curves are curves and looking is harmless. How would he know how old she is unless he walks up and asks?

But no, I don't like em either. I agree with ya on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:23 AM
18. I won't be buying them if I ever have a daughter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I understand, just seemed odd on thesurface. It one of those things in life that years from now no one is going to remember or care about yet such a fuss is made at the time. :)  Seems so unimportant a thing to make so important :) No offense, I do understand. 

Does that same apply to the older teenaged girls too or just the little ones?

Quoting RigPrincess85:

When you're a competitive skater every last detail comes into play when you're being judged, even the costume. Panty lines are a big no no. By very young I mean 11 years old, not 4. I never looked at it as a thing, it was always just a part of making sure the dress looked good.

Quoting Anonymous:

why is anyone looking under a very young girls dress? And why would anyone care if their were panty lines or be looking for that much detail?

On the older more mature females, I can see admiring her form, but a little kid?

Quoting RigPrincess85:

I wore them from a very young age because of figure skating. Nothing worse than a panty line or panties showing up under your dress.

As far as everyday wear it wasn't until I could buy them myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)