Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How mad would you be?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

Saturday night my husband and I went to a comedy club.  Well, my husband got really drunk and made a fool of himself.
 He kept shouting "Wooo!!" at inappropriate times, and was making comments that were just stupid.  I kept telling him to shut the hell up but he thought he was being hilarious.  We were right in the front row and the comedian ended up making fun of the both of us.  I wanted to walk out but I was to embarrassed to get up and walk past the rest of the audience.  Eventually dh looks like he is going to puke, so I tell him to get the hell outside.  He starts walking out and everyone clapped.  I gave the comedian an apologetic look and he says "Lets give this young lady a hand too!"  And everyone was laughing and clapping.  The show pretty much ended there so I went outside to find dh.
 I dragged his drunk ass home and put him to bed.

We had planned for this 'date' for a month, and had to save up for it.  And he completely ruined it.  We won't be able to go out again for at least afew months, and it had been about 4 months before Saturday since we'd been out last.

I am still furious.  How pissed would you be?  Or would you think it's funny, like my DH does?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd be pissed.

ardan85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I would be mad, embarassed, humiliated, and he would need to be making things better REAL quick. Sorry you were disappointed...(

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I think I would be pissed for a little bit but I would get over it. I mean...if you dont get out often then he was probably just trying to cut loose some and went overboard by mistake. I bet he is really feeling stupid now and he probably is pissed at himself too. 

Jers.
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

You have every right to be annoyed and he should at least apologize to you for ruining date night.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I'm so sorry mama. I would be upset too. I wouldn't go out with him if he is drinking.

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be mad and embarrassed.. talk to him.. then let it go. And the next time you guys go out make it clear that you do NOT want a repeat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I would be pissed.

glycerinej
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have made fun of him along w/ the comedian... I would have been pissed, I don't mind someone drinking but getting sloppy drunk is a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting AngelRT:

I think I would be pissed for a little bit but I would get over it. I mean...if you dont get out often then he was probably just trying to cut loose some and went overboard by mistake. I bet he is really feeling stupid now and he probably is pissed at himself too. 

Yea I mean I'm not going to divorce him over it so I guess what is the point in being all pissy about it....But still.  He owes me big time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Ugh.  I've been there.  Many times.  My husband is a recovering alcoholic.  I stopped going out with him for that very reason, he acted like an idiot in public.  He is much better now, sober for 5 years.  Hard for me to answer how mad I'd be because I stopped letting it happen.  Sorry mama, hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)