Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it is the epitome of selfish..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

For a single mom, no dad in the picture, to be military. Especially to make a career out of it. And even more especially when youre child has issues that you have been told by more than one doctor are directly caused by your extended abscences during his early childhood. It is selfish to dump your violent and ill behaved child on random family members for months or years on end while you are training and/or deployed. No stability because no one can handle him for more than one period of time, and wont take him more than once and hes spent more time away from you than with you.

Yeah. You're making good money to give your kids whatever they want, but don't you think they want their MOM more?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww that's sad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

i agree. I think if you have children, you have to put their needs before your own wants. Going into the military is a choice, and sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your children even if that means not joining the military. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Eh. Nobody cares.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I agree that single parents should not be active military. But that's just my opinion.
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

eh, everyone lives their life how they want. 

Lalalie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought the military wouldn't accept single parents?

That's sad, but no matter where they are they will have to make sacrifices that might not necessarily be the best for their children. Single parents don't have the easiest choices to make, and even a career could land them away from their children for long periods of time. I bet it's not easy for them. You have to do what you have to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Did this women have a child during her military career or before... some women have to make a living... I'm guessing you wouldn't think it was selfish if a man was in the same position?

It's part of the sacrifices a single mother has to make... Who would support her and her child if she left the military? No one...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Obviously but the kid has problems that stem from being more or less abandoned as a baby/toddler. Most moms would be like " I messed up, lets make up for it." Not, "medicate the crap out of him and ship him off again"

That's very much living life how YOU want, and not taking any consideration for the child(ten) you brought into this world. And I find it selfish

Quoting SusieQue717:

eh, everyone lives their life how they want. 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Sometimes it is the only option of employment with a good career.  

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)