Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did you start

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 15 Replies
I started mine when I was 12. I lived alone with my dad when I started he freaked out calling all his sisters. They all confirmed I should use pads. So he left me in the bathroom ran down the road to the store and brought them back for me. Cracked the door threw them in and went and his in his bedroom the rest of the night. He was so embarrassed. I hated pads. They always made a mess of everything. The next time it came I asked for my allowence and went and got tampons and havent looked back. Man I hated having to wear them after birth always felt like a damn diaper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweets32285
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I was in 7th or 8th grade.  I lived with my dad and brother.  Luckily my mom had bought pads, so I was prepared.  I didn't start using tampons until 9th grade when we had swimming for gym class.  I was out of town with my mom and it started.  So all we had were tampons.  I hated pads.  I hate tampons too.  I started using the softcup in Feb last year.  Switched to the Diva Cup in June.  I love that thing!

veronicamw
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I dont know why but the mere thought od a diva cup freaks me out lol. Im glad you found something your comfortable with

Quoting Sweets32285:

I was in 7th or 8th grade.  I lived with my dad and brother.  Luckily my mom had bought pads, so I was prepared.  I didn't start using tampons until 9th grade when we had swimming for gym class.  I was out of town with my mom and it started.  So all we had were tampons.  I hated pads.  I hate tampons too.  I started using the softcup in Feb last year.  Switched to the Diva Cup in June.  I love that thing!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RichardsMom0209
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 14.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
Sweets32285
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM

lol I had the same reaction when I first heard about them on here.  It took a few months of hearing good reviews, so I figured why not.  I'm so glad I did.

Quoting veronicamw:

I dont know why but the mere thought od a diva cup freaks me out lol. Im glad you found something your comfortable with

Quoting Sweets32285:

veronicamw
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

My Oldest sons name is Richard you dont see that name much these days

Quoting RichardsMom0209:

I was 14.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I started my period at 11 but didn't start using tampons until 14.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Started when I was 12, had to use pads until I went off to college at 18...hated using them, always felt like people could tell I was wearing them, they would bunch up and I felt so dirty, but my mom wouldn't allow tampons in the house because she was afraid they would mess up the septic system.

RichardsMom0209
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I think it's a awesome name. It's my DH's name and his Grandpa's name. Once we found out he had a penis I didn't have a choice. It totally fits him. 

Quoting veronicamw:

My Oldest sons name is Richard you dont see that name much these days

Quoting RichardsMom0209:

I was 14.

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I got one period at a ridiculously young age.  I was like, 9 maybe?  Had some dark blood in my underwear for about a week.  Had NO CLUE what it was until my mom noticed and said "this is your period!"  I'd learned about periods already but had no idea I would get it so young.  I wasn't overweight or developing breasts or anything yet.  But it was just the one, and didn't  come back until I was 11.  So weird. 

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN