Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there a way to get this 5 day old tampon out...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
without going to the ER?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Replies (81-90):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM

pull the sting and if you cant put a finger in while on the toilet .that position helps

RLT2
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM

ER-Toxic Shock/infection !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Jenna talia! I luv u girl.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Sounds like you need to go to the doctor to have it removed.
Jstoddard98
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

This happened to me once- it was towards the end of my cycle where I sometimes wear tampons and I sometimes don't. I put one in not realizing I already had one in. I didn't notice for a few days. Thankfully I was able to reach up and grab the string.  It was a total accident- this doesn't make me nasty - it makes me human. 

aleatra.r
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Holy crap! Just go to the er! My best friend got one stuck for a day and me being the good friend i am tried to help her get it out but nothing would work. We eventually went to the er and even after it just being in for 24 hours made her feel the effects of tss. I can't imagine going 5 days
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Lol he should!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, next month he's actually going to be a guest speaker at a university to psychology students in a Human Sexuality class.  They want him to tell his nastiest and most offensive stories to try and desensitize these kids to some of the stories and situations they will have the "priviledge" to encounter from their future patients.

I told him he should just tell them to read in Mom Confessions because we definitely scrape the bottom of the barrel here, lol.

Quoting baquick:

OMG. Puke! Uggggh. So nasty!

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is an ER doc and he's extracted 30 day tampons.  He said the nurse puked in the sink in the room and he put vicks under his nose and he still went and puked after leaving the room.  He said it was black and adheared to the vaginal wall. 

It's hard to believe that people are this gross.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Quoting auntietotty:

I'm imagining the smell.............bleah!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Quoting babie113:

pull the sting and if you cant put a finger in while on the toilet .that position helps

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Put one leg up on the toilet and squat. Put you fingers in your vagina and try to find the string. When located, pull it out. You should still also check in with your GYN, toxic shock can be dangerous. Obviously, if you cannot find it go to the ER. In the future, max for a tampon is 6-8hours, I believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN