Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some young moms crack me up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 205 Replies
10 moms liked this
When they say stuff like

I had a baby young because I don't want to be an old Grandma.

When my kids are grown, I'll still be young enough to live my life.

It makes me laugh. For one, once you have kids, your life is over. Just because they turn 18 doesn't mean you stop being a parent. Yea, you probably won't have a lot of the responsibilities you did when they were 6-7, but you're still their parent. Do you really want to be 40 wearing glittery eye shadow trying to reclaim your youth at the club with a bunch of kids young enough to be your kids? Believe me, not a good look. It makes you look desperate and on the verge of a midlife crisis.
No, 40 is not old, its a womans prime. Believe me, I'm well past 40. But believe me, if your interest is still that of a 20 year old, you need therapy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
35 moms liked this
I think its incredibly sad that you said once you have kids your life is over. I feel bad for your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM
12 moms liked this
Why. My kids are grown and successful. When you have kids, your life becomes about them. You sacrifice for them. Your happiness depends on their happiness.
Even though they're adults, I still sacrifice and help them. Be it giving up a weekend so they can have adult time, picking up the grands from school, helping out occasionally with a bill. Parenting doesn't stop just because a kid reaches legal age. Once a parent, always a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its incredibly sad that you said once you have kids your life is over. I feel bad for your kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Ummmm I get that. I just think its sad to think because you have kids your life is over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why. My kids are grown and successful. When you have kids, your life becomes about them. You sacrifice for them. Your happiness depends on their happiness.

Even though they're adults, I still sacrifice and help them. Be it giving up a weekend so they can have adult time, picking up the grands from school, helping out occasionally with a bill. Parenting doesn't stop just because a kid reaches legal age. Once a parent, always a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this
Lol.. Well if living your life means going to the club.. We're all screwed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
8 moms liked this
My husband and I waited a long time before we had kids. We got it out of our system first because we knew our lives would be different after kids. I got my MBA, we traveled abroad, we did a lot of things at the drop of a hat. It was fun, but eventually we were ready to settle down and have kids.

My brother, on the other hand started having kids very young, but now he is in his mid thirties with teenagers. He doesn't have the time to go back to school. He doesn't have the money to go on vacations, and doesn't have the energy to go out with friends. He had never and will never know what adult life is like without kids. I think it's wonderful to experience both. It makes a person more well rounded

I completely understand what you're saying.
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
5 moms liked this

I think she probably meant life as you know it (as a single person) is over, not literally her life is over. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummmm I get that. I just think its sad to think because you have kids your life is over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

sweet.lil.mama.
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Umm whatever. So what I don't wanna be still raising kids at 50. My youngest will be 18 when I'm 41. My life will be far from over at that age. And I enjoy my kids, so what I never needed to whore around and get drunk til I was 30. I'm not that kind of person anyways. I am 24 and I don't drink and never have been to a club and only 1 bar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
9 moms liked this

young people think they have all the answers for everything. Until they finally get older and realize they didnt have all the answers back then

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM
5 moms liked this

Living life when they are grown doesn't always mean going to clubs etc.  I will be young enough to live my life after and I mean travel more etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM
My life isn't over because I had a child. That's silly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured