Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you show your daughter how to use tampon or pad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I showed my daughter how to place a pad because when I was younger I put my pad in the very front of my panties. Of course I leaked in the back. I didn't want her to make the same mistake lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I showed my daughter the instruction and gave her verbal details told her she would have to practice...

I gave her the option to try it first in private... which is what she wanted. She learned on her own.

mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I showed, talked, and gave them the Care and Keeping of You book which has illustrations.

4g4b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM
We got the period book and it explained it. But now that she acutally started she asked me to help. So i took a pair of panties ahe was not wearing and did it that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM

my dd and I are very open about body issues. She is 7 and has known about tampon usage since she was about three. It will be her choice when the time comes and she knows I will help her as much as she wants me to

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
No. By the time she asked for tampons, she'd been having periods for a couple of years and had read the insert that comes with tampons. Plus it was discussed in sex ed. I told her she could ask me anything and to at least make sure to change them frequently and not to forget the last one at the end of her period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
She's not old enough yet but I will when the time comes. I just hope she doesn't inherit my fertility/menstrual issues. :(
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Pretty much.  My daughter is 12, though.  :)

She only started her period in December.  And its VERY light still, so is using pads/panty liners.  When she is ready for tampons, I'll give some verbal instructions and the box insert.  I'm sure she'll figure it out.

Quoting shivasgirl:

my dd and I are very open about body issues. She is 7 and has known about tampon usage since she was about three. It will be her choice when the time comes and she knows I will help her as much as she wants me to

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I don't have a dd (yet at least), but if I did/do, no I will NOT be showing her how to put a tampon in. That's odd IMO.
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
My daughter is 11.5. She hasn't started yet, but I've already taught her how to use a pad and she keeps some in her purse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
My dd is 4. But when the time comes I will educate her well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)