Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fun Ideas for $50 or less

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 50 Replies
9 moms liked this

To the mom who asked for things to do with your kids and only had $50. I wrote out a long post then it poofed :(

Here are some things you can do with your kids for $50 or less.

Go see a movie. Don't buy snacks, a mom and 3 kids should be able to get in for less thant $50.

Or some stay at home ideas:

Movie Marathon Day.Rent some movies, buy some popcorn and watch movies in your jammies

Game Day: Break out the board games and puzzles and spend the day playing. If you don't have any, you can take the $50 and buy some. It's a great investment!

Camp out in the house. Make a tent in the living room, eat camp food, turn off the electronics and tell ghost stories (or age appropriate stories), and sing camp songs

One thine we do here is Carnival Day. We have a Wii and the Carnival Games disk. We eat Carnival food (corn dogs, cotton candy) and play carnival games all day. If you don't have that game and have a Wii or other game system, I believe I paid about $20 for it.

If you want to do something educational, pick a country and research it together, then cook foods from that country, and find music form that country, or you could even find one of their holidays and celebrate it.

Most importantly, ignore the assholes who were on your case about being low income. At least you are wanting to spend time with your kids

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Bump

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Bump..come on ladies, who has some fun ideas for the family for $50 or less....

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

In my city the museum always has a free day for people who live in the county. Its Monday for us. :)

Photo: -Randi.Photo

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM

No one???  

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a awesome post. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MysticalKnight
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Roller skating wish I would have seen how old her kids are not sure if she said.  I was amazed how rude people where being because she was trying to spend time with her kids.

zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I think these are great ideas for her. I saw her post and could not believe how a mom asking for ideas, and slightly venting about high admission prices, would garner such bad responses. I don't know if others were trying to build themselves up by bringing her down, but from what I read, it was sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MysticalKnight
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and you can volunteer at the local animal shelters.  I use to clean the cat room and the kids would play with all the kittens and cats. It was like a free petting zoo and you are helping the community.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the library. They have all kinds of kid's story time and craft times and you can borrow dvds for free.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

bumping while i think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)