Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Straight Talk

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

How many of you have Straight Talk. My DF and I are thinking about switching to it to save money. We have Verizon right now and are paying $160 for 2 phones with 1400 minutes and my line with data. 

For those of you that have it which phones do you recommend? Is the web decent on their phones? I use my phone a lot for Facebook and CM. I have an iPhone 4. I know they also carry iPhones now, but I am not paying for another one.

Basically, what are the pros and cons to Straight Talk. Is it worth it?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrystalPystol
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM

BUMP!

Laylalover
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I would like to know too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I have Straight Talk and like it. The web is good on the smart phones, and not so much on the "stupid phones." I liked my Samsung Precedent, but it broke, so I had to downgrade to the blackberry looking one (couldn't afford another smart phone lol). You can get a SIM card and use the iPhone you already have with Straight Talk.

I personally don't like dealing with their customer service, but that's just me.

JAMom07
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Yes Straight Talk is wonderful! The main cost you have is to buy the initial phone. $45/month for unlimited talk, text, web, data - you can't beat that deal. If you are worried about the initial cost of the phone go to StraightTalk.com and check out thier deals. They have reconditioned phones (all types) that have nothing wrong with them also they have phones online that you can't find in stores. Hope it helps :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I have straight talk. I don't have a computer or internet, I use my phone for everything. I've had straight talk for 3 years. I've only had one issue with it and that happened last week. I had been listening to Pandora all day. I got a phone call that night warning me that I had been using too much data and it was against their terms of use to stream music. That's my only issue. I can deal with not streaming music. It sucks but I can still download all the music I want. You can keep your phone. You just have to call them and they will send you a new Sim card. Or you could probably go to the website to get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I love straight talk, it is so worth it. everything is unlimited and yet still super cheap. I have used almost every other cellphone carrier and this is my favorite.

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Yes, I totally recommend Straight Talk. We left straight talk because they didn't have smart phones but they do now so we will switch back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I have straight talk and for the most part i like it. i have the lg optimum something, i forget lol the only thing i don't like bout it is it always kicks me off the internet. I'm hoping to upgrade to a better phone and hopefully that phone won't always kick me off the internet
alf2651
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have a Straight Talk phone and I love it. You can get unlimited for $45/month, but we spend $35/month for 1000 minutes and we rarely go over that, since we don't have service at my house and only use it when we go into town. 

I have a touch screen phone with a slider keyboard. I don't know the make or model off of the top of my head. I don't really use the internet on my phone, but it's pretty good when I do use it. I'd say it's definitely worth it. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CrystalPystol
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM
My iPhone is through Verizon. They do not have SIM cards.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have straight talk. I don't have a computer or internet, I use my phone for everything. I've had straight talk for 3 years. I've only had one issue with it and that happened last week. I had been listening to Pandora all day. I got a phone call that night warning me that I had been using too much data and it was against their terms of use to stream music. That's my only issue. I can deal with not streaming music. It sucks but I can still download all the music I want. You can keep your phone. You just have to call them and they will send you a new Sim card. Or you could probably go to the website to get it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)