Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Quick. Emergency.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Where can I get carseats and booster seats free or extremely cheap, immediately?

CPS just called, they are removing my step kids from their home and wanted to see if we would take them or if they needed to go into foster care. Obviously we are taking them. Planning on leaving in an hour or two, (it is a 12 hour drive)

My problem is, I dont have car seats or boosters for them. I really cant afford to go buy 4 new ones, although I will if I have too. Any ideas where to get some asap for cheap? any help would be appreciated

Eta: Thanks ladies, I knew you could help fast. I am headed to Walmart.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
alf2651
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Wal-Mart has cheap ones. Also check out Social Services, or the Police/Fire department. They might be able to help as well.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Are you in PA or MD by chance? If so, I got a carseat you can have.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Call your local srs or health dept they should know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

CPS should be able to get the seats the children already have when they're removed ...

If not, like others have suggested walmart is fairly cheap. PD and FD's aren't going to have any on hand (It'd be a rare case if they do!)

Fire13Life

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Fire or Police station. Maybe the cps worker can help you out with seats for them. Hope all goes well.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM

WIC office, local health dept...good luck.

MeghMirab
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Why don't you take the ones that are at their house now? Assuming they had one. If not you can borrow a friends until you can afford to buy carseats. Good luck! 

aleatra.r
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Just be safe and don't go buy any used ones from people. You can't be sure if the car seat had been in a car that got into an accident. I understand that you really don't have the money for 4 new car seats but it's better to be safe than sorry, especially if your going to be using them all the time now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM
They dont have any. They dont belive in car seats....

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

CPS should be able to get the seats the children already have when they're removed ...

If not, like others have suggested walmart is fairly cheap. PD and FD's aren't going to have any on hand (It'd be a rare case if they do!)

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Can the county provide them? Their (where the children are now) countys local fire/police station. Give them a call & explain it's an emergency. Red cross too? Good luck!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)