Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you think if you saw this person in public. -Edit-

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 852 Replies
2 moms liked this

Lets say you are at a supermarket and you saw a girl in her early 20's wearing black leggings, a pair of black converses and a long white shirt (long enough to cover her butt). She is holding the hand of a little girl (about 8 years old) in one hand and on the other arm rests the leash of a black Pit Bull. The dog has a collar marked "service dog" but no jacket. In the hand of the arm with the leash she holds a phone with a bright pink case and she appears to be texting something. On the opposite side of the dog is another little girl (about 9) who is pushing a shopping cart. The youngest pulls the girl's arm and says "Mommy can I have a Lunchable" so she lets go of her hand and put a ham and cheese Lunchable into the cart. The 9 year old also says "Ma, can I get one too  please". So she drops another in the cart (this one is Pizza).

You follow the girl  around the store until she gets to checkout.she places about 3 cans of Chef Boyardee, Some rice, some milk, a huge thing of Purina One dog food, some milkbone "pigs in a blanket",  one of those packages of bell peppers and a bunch of bananas on the belt.  She pays for everything on a debit card, smiles at the cashier (who happens to be male) and leaves. You follow the girl outside where she gets to a small white BMW with a man at the wheel. The kids and the dog load in the car with the dog in the middle. The girl gets in and leans over and lays on the man's arm as he drives away. 

Apparently, this girl looks like a slut who was sneaking her dog into the store to a lot of people. What would you think? 

Btw. This question has been posted on other sites.

Edit: As many of you have probably found out. The girl is me. It is a reoccuring experience that I will walk into a store with my kids and dog (who IS a service dog. Yes Pit Bulls can be and are service dogs). My dog is wearing a collar at the moment because another dog got a hold of his vest and the one I bought online because of that doesn't fit. I am waiting for a new one. I will get followed around by a person/people in some way. Either with their eyes or physically I have been accused of "faking being blind" and had managers called on me. I have been removed from establishments but I never report it (except once). On the other hand I have had other people removed for their actions.I have had people be utterly baffled at the fact that kids so old call me "mommy" and I can hear them whisper to their friends (loudly) that "she must have been a whore" or "she must have been raped". How about no. I have had women (men tend not to do this) follow me outside after accusing me of being a fraud and they see me get into the car with a guy (although the actual "slut" comment came from another site). The man in the car is my SO. He dropped me off and picked me up because guess what, I can't drive because of my epilepsy. I lay on his shoulder for comfort because going outside with my dog and my girls at the same time is very uncomfortable. Especially since I rarely do not acquire a "supermarket stalker" (whether it is for good or bad reasons).  I bought canned food because my kid's school is doing a can drive and I am stocking up for it.   People always make faces and comments (you know the "I can't believe her kids eat that" comments) when they see what I put on the belt.  The huge thing of dog food? I run a rescue and they need to eat.  I smiled at the cashier because I know him, not because I want to have sex with him. The last occurance for this to happen was yesterday. I wasn't even supposed to be outside but I went outside anyway for peppers because I wanted to make chili. Being in a supermarket/ store is the only time I feel uncomfortable around people. I am all around unlucky with people in stores.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM
8 moms liked this

Who cares? 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM
7 moms liked this

Obviously you do since you took time to reply. Now take your negativity elsewhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares? 

Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM
18 moms liked this

I would think "I hope DD doesn't spot the dog, so she can't ask to pet it" 

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM
6 moms liked this
I would think she's not blind and yes she snuck her dog into the store. I would also think she's spending so much for the dog but got so little for the kids. Just my opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM
The dog was in the store?
SoKamele
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Exactly...........Who cares???

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Yes.

Quoting msalice_21:

The dog was in the store?

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
10 moms liked this

I would feel like a stalker.

I wouldn't think anything, I really wouldn't because I don't usually pay that close attention to what other people are doing.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
13 moms liked this

Not all service dogs are for the blind.

Quoting mommy74146:

I would think she's not blind and yes she snuck her dog into the store. I would also think she's spending so much for the dog but got so little for the kids. Just my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is your profile picture a Whataburger window?

Quoting SoKamele:

Exactly...........Who cares???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)