Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2yr grounding post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

I was the original op. It got locked.  I didnt edit because the replies went up so fast it was impossible to keep up. And no Im not a troll.

I never have told anyone about this.  Not even in our family.  A lot of people in my family have always wondered why I do not speak to my father.  I don't say why because I'm ashamed.

To answer the most frequently asked questions, it was me I wouldnt do that to anyone. And it was for telling after a boy tried to rape me.  The reasoning was that I went with friends on school lunch hour when it happened.  My father believed I was lying and ruining the boys life, and if I wasnt lying I put myself in the situation by going with friends.  That is why I was not allowed to have friends.

Original Posted:

Do you consider this abuse?

To ground a 11 yr child for 2 years, not allowing them out of their room for any reason other than toilet and shower.

No family meals, meals eaten in room.  Having friends is not allowed even at school.  No outing with family or joining in celebrations and holidays.  No extra curricular activities at school.  Having all personal possessions including momentos and jewellery ect, except clothing, removed and thrown out.  Window pane painted over black.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.

My reply was rude. I was confused.

Yes, it was abusive for your parents to do that for you and you did nothing wrong by reporting the attempted rape.

That's terrible sweety.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
i replied to that. How did it get locked? Im sorry that happened to you.
AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I missed the OP, can we get a recap?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

did they really paint your windows and shit?

brittany208
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I'm going to repeat what I said there:

I am sooo sorry that you had to go through this. It was DEFINITELY not right for your parents to do this to you. I hope you can seek out any help that you need. I can't imagine anyone doing that to a child, and the child turning out without major issues to deal with. Know that you did the right thing. Your parents majorly screwed up. It was in no way your fault or something that you caused. Hopefully you can see the truth about your situation and live the rest of your life according to the truth of what happened, not according to whatever must be going through your head (not bashing at all, just saying i dont know how a person could endure that and who knows what else and NOT be negatively affected!) good luck!

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM

No clue what you were talking about.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Your family didn't think something was up when they never saw you?? I am sorry this happened to you. I don't understand why no one in your family stepped in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM

yes, I was caught waving at some school mates and I wasnt allowed to have friends.

Quoting thetrollcat:

did they really paint your windows and shit?

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Where was your mother when this happened?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM

thank you.  It does affect me as an adult I think.  Ive always thought I was being a baby but now Im not sure.   do know Im never quite sure how to discipline my own child and tend to under-descipline because Im afraid of going over the line, now I think I know why.  Maybe I wasn't being dramatic.

Quoting brittany208:

I'm going to repeat what I said there:

I am sooo sorry that you had to go through this. It was DEFINITELY not right for your parents to do this to you. I hope you can seek out any help that you need. I can't imagine anyone doing that to a child, and the child turning out without major issues to deal with. Know that you did the right thing. Your parents majorly screwed up. It was in no way your fault or something that you caused. Hopefully you can see the truth about your situation and live the rest of your life according to the truth of what happened, not according to whatever must be going through your head (not bashing at all, just saying i dont know how a person could endure that and who knows what else and NOT be negatively affected!) good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)