Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 258 Replies

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
57 moms liked this

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Ewe! He's disgusting and I feel sorry for you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
3 moms liked this

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
7 moms liked this

There is a difference between a sexual predator and a sex offender. He is not a sexual predator.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
23 moms liked this
I would absolutely press charges if a 23 year old man was sleeping with my 15 year old child. That is disgusting. The maturity difference between those ages is huge it's just wrong that a 23 year old would want anything to do with a child so young.
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
:( I never judge either. I looked on our list and ridiculous. I'm sorry you have to go through that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

This. 

I'm happy you're happy, BUT...!

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

ashlei77
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I hope it all works out. I think it's stupid they put people on the SO list so quickly!!! And if you are now married with 2 children I think they should take him off the list sooner. It's not fair he can't go to his kids events!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 17 when our first child was born. DH was 25. I had already been emancipated when we had her. We're still together 15 years later.
He's an amazing father, a very attentive husband, and one of the smartest men I know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
8 moms liked this
My first dad daughters was 22 and I was 15. My mom should have pressed charges.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN