Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (121-130):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I guess at least he told you the truth?He is still a predator if he sought you out and had sex with you knowing your age difference! I know from experience that a man who is willing to date a teen is gross. He could have waited 3 years if he truly loved you!

I was 17 years old when I was pursued by my daughter's biological father. When I say pursued, I mean he would wait outside until I got home from school. He'd ask me about my day, if I ate, he'd offer to buy me lunch, tell me how pretty I was. It was nice, I asked him how old he was and he said "I'm a senior at *college name*" I thought "Oh 4 year age difference not to bad." I dated him believing he was 21 for 4 months, his stepmother even went along with it....I had to list his birthdate and his medical history when I went to the OB/GYN...imagine my shock when he tells me his birth year is 1974! I looked at him and said "Stop playing?" He showed me his license...that was the end of that shit. Not only did he lie to me about being 21, he told me he was a teen father, found out he barely took care of his daughter and the only reason why he was with her all the time was because he was staying with his stepmom and she had custody of the kid! It was just a bunch of lies and disgusting ones at that!

KeriAZ
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM

How is he able to be around your children?? Isnt he banned from being around ANY children under the age of 18?? If so this is putting him at risk of going to prison and your kids taken away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Sex offender laws need to be re-evaluated!

Pnukey
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I would have pressed charges too. There is no reason for a 23 year old to knock up a 15 year old, or even be interested in a 15 year old.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

It's Cassandra Cat! 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Right but I see you mom did not have her first child until she was legally an adult.

Quoting Anonymous:

my mom was 15 and my dad was 25 when they first met. My dad was never a so. My mom had me and mmy brother when she was 18 and 19. So i honestly don't see anything wrong with it. That is just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM

so the fact that he fucked a young girl, is okay because he married you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM
even if she did have us before she was legally an adult i still wouldn't see a problem with it.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Right but I see you mom did not have her first child until she was legally an adult.

Quoting Anonymous:

my mom was 15 and my dad was 25 when they first met. My dad was never a so. My mom had me and mmy brother when she was 18 and 19. So i honestly don't see anything wrong with it. That is just me.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM

So you would be okay with your daughter at 15 being in a relationship with a 25 year old, adult male or female?

Quoting Anonymous:

even if she did have us before she was legally an adult i still wouldn't see a problem with it.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM
At 15 I was living life as an adult raising my brother going to.school and working. I really think it depends.on the maturity of the person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN