Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Uumm.. What in the world did a man want with a kid? That's fucking disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mistweave
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Well now your mother has to live with what she's putting your daughter through so she's getting her just desserts so to speak.

Mama2ETA

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

in Canada the age of consent is 15 or 14 I think, i don't thin that's nasty , that's just 8 years older than you . i hate seeing young women like in there 30s with men i there 50s and 60s

Rust.n.Gears
1 mom liked this
Your mother did the right thing. It is nasty for a man to get himself off on a child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM
4 moms liked this
What could a 23yo possibly have in common with a 15yo? He deserved that charge.
butcher
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

glad it worked out and hes a good dad. with that being said he deserves to be on that list. what if a 23 yr old man was having sex with ur 15 yr old daughter.....thats fucking sick.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
5 moms liked this
That's great that things have worked out for you (besides him being on that list)

BUT I see something very wrong with someone that age being sexually attracted to a 15 yo

I'm 24 and I see teenagers as little kids basicly. Not sexually desirable at all
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

there are a bunch of them.  type in "age of consent guide state by state" and look it up.  hell some places have 14 as age of consent.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I was 17 and my husband was 25 when we started dating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)