Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

So you would be okay with your daughter being pregnant at 15 by a 23 yar old man because it worked out for you?

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I live in OH, and its 15 here. As long as it isn't an authority figure you are sleeping with, such as a teacher, police officer, pastor, etc.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I never judge people listed as sex offenders.  A good friend of mine was at a party when he was 17...he had sex with a 15 year old.  Her dad found out & pursued prosecution. He's a registered offender & it has basically ruined his life. 

lovexroads88
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I agree with this, I was 16 when I got pregnant by a 24 year old. Married him, divorced him, and he is now 30 still trollin on teen girls. I find it sick now, and didn't think of it like that until I grew up.

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

There is something not quite right in his head.. NO normal 23 year old has much in common with a 15 year old.

Seriously.. is he  a bit slow in the head?   15 year olds always get flattered by ANY male attention, 'specially "older" guys... so it doesnt' impress me that he was so special in any way... just interested in you.

I just hope he is a good man and is able to support you and any offspring....

gosh, you had NO life... never know what it was like to young, FREE, on your own, independent..  well, to each their own...

I'm just always glad people are taking care of their own babies.

CheyanneW
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Here in Colorado it's 15. I don't agree with it being so low.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM

http://age-of-consent.findthedata.org/

click the age of consent and it will show you the age of consent youngest is 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

there are a bunch of them.  type in "age of consent guide state by state" and look it up.  hell some places have 14 as age of consent.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

cmorden06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I would kill my daughter

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM

While I'm glad things are good and you are together still, etc, you need to understand that legally, they had every right to prosecute and place him on the list.  I'm not going to say it's gross or whatever, since you were not technically a child (a minor, yes, an adolescent, yes, but not a child), but he still made a huge legal mistake in having sex with you and having a child with you at that age.  Now he must suffer the legal consequences of his actions.  Be happy that you can at least have him removed from the list after a given length of time.

I always investigate the crime when I get a sex offender notification.  Nine times out of ten, it was some stupid 19/20 yr old who had a 16 yr old girlfriend.  The law here states that the other partner cannot be more than 24 months older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We have talked about this. We said she would have to wait till she is at least 17 or 18. I don't think I was emotionally ready for the responsibility that came with it.

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

So you would be okay with your daughter being pregnant at 15 by a 23 yar old man because it worked out for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)