Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (251-258):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Part of being a good parent is knowing when to let go and let them stand on their own two feet. Now if she came to me and said she was raped then damn straight I would see him in jail. But if she said she willingly jumped in bed with this guy then she is responsible for her choice as well. But I have raised my kids to be mature and responsible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. And a 13 year old is just 5 years away from being a legal adult. So let's just let them do whatever they want too.....that's ridiculous. And what good would it do?? Keep a predator away from my child. A 23 year old has NO business having sex with a child. Hopefully your children will make good choices themselves because obviously you wouldn't try to intervene. My child is my responsibility until they are 18 and I will protect them from perves as long as I can.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 15 year old DD and I disagree. My child is old enough to make her own choices. She will be a legal adult in three years. At what point do you expect your daughter to take personal responsibility for her actions and choices? What good would it do your grandchildren to have their father in jail?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would absolutely press charges if a 23 year old man was sleeping with my 15 year old child. That is disgusting. The maturity difference between those ages is huge it's just wrong that a 23 year old would want anything to do with a child so young.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Brain development doesn't care how 'mature' a person seems to be. At 15, your brain cannot process things the way a 23 year old processes things. It's not an opinion, it's science. A 15 year old is a CHILD, no matter how she chooses to play like an adult. Any 23 year old who has sex with a 15 year old is disgusting. Period.

Quoting My3beautys:

Not all 23 year olds are more mature then a 15 year old and not all 15 year olds are less mature then a 23 year olds. Maturity has nothing to do with age and all to do with the person!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would absolutely press charges if a 23 year old man was sleeping with my 15 year old child. That is disgusting. The maturity difference between those ages is huge it's just wrong that a 23 year old would want anything to do with a child so young.

elijahXmom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I'm going stick my nose in here. Say no since I was 16 dated one maybe two I somewhat dated guys under 18 all the other were 30+. My ex husband almost 10 years older then me. My SO is 20 years older then me and my son and i have never been happier.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I would absolutly hold her responsible for her actions.....and if she was pregnant then that is quite a consequence. But it's called statutory rape for reason. A 15 year old I would hope knows better then to sleep with anybody period but a 23 year old has NO excuse for not knowing better then to shack up with a child. A 15 year old is still developing for god sakes! I find it revolting that a 23yr old would be interested in a child and that is not the kind of person I would want around myself or my family.

Quoting Anonymous:

Part of being a good parent is knowing when to let go and let them stand on their own two feet. Now if she came to me and said she was raped then damn straight I would see him in jail. But if she said she willingly jumped in bed with this guy then she is responsible for her choice as well. But I have raised my kids to be mature and responsible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. And a 13 year old is just 5 years away from being a legal adult. So let's just let them do whatever they want too.....that's ridiculous. And what good would it do?? Keep a predator away from my child. A 23 year old has NO business having sex with a child. Hopefully your children will make good choices themselves because obviously you wouldn't try to intervene. My child is my responsibility until they are 18 and I will protect them from perves as long as I can.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 15 year old DD and I disagree. My child is old enough to make her own choices. She will be a legal adult in three years. At what point do you expect your daughter to take personal responsibility for her actions and choices? What good would it do your grandchildren to have their father in jail?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM
No, it is 15. I've studied law here. If the minor is over the age of 15 it is not a sex crime.

Quoting zoo003:

Actually, from what I looked up, it is 18. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Arizona is 15

Quoting Mama2ETA:

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Mommy2KandX
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM

My husband is ten years older than me. so when i was 15 he was 25, now mind you, we met after i was 18. and with that knowledge people seem okay. like 18 is a magical number of maturity and ability to love and be loved. i personally was an adult by the time i was 13. i had a job, i paid rent, etc. telling that man he's gross is technically baffling because in many states 15 is the age of consent. more than that, they're still together. there should be some by law saying she as an adult can have that erased.

zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Really. Hmm.....interesting because when I look it up online, every source that i looked at states that the age of consent for Arizona is 18 and the age of victim is 15, with a 2 year age differential if under 17. I am not saying that I am right, but everything that I have looked at states this. Are you currently studying law in Arizona? I am not being sarcastic at all, just confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, it is 15. I've studied law here. If the minor is over the age of 15 it is not a sex crime.

Quoting zoo003:

Actually, from what I looked up, it is 18. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Arizona is 15

Quoting Mama2ETA:

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM
So your Mom did this because you got pregnant? she was okay with it, up to that point? bit vindictive on her part. No comment from me on the offender list; do the crime, pay the time. Guess I did have one comment, after all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN