Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Good for your mother. I would have pressed charges as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a BIL who will be on the sex offender list when he gets out of prison. He is not a bad person, and he did not do what they said he did. He has kids and is still with the mother of his youngest son and daughter. I'm not sure how things will work when he gets out but it will probably be the same as with yours. I don't judge either because you never know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM

He's a predator and should have known better. You were still a naive child and he took advantage of you. I'm so sorry. Your mom has come to terms with the fact that he's not going anywhere but that doesn't mean she doesn't still feel the same negativity towards him.

If I were your mom, every time I saw him it would make me sick. But I would bite my tongue at this point because complaining about it would get me nowhere. I'm sorry that this ruined your life (not being able to find housing/jobs, etc), but I don't feel bad for it ruining his. He's a scumbag.

Sorry, venting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Your delusional and hes a pig
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM

That's nasty...........all im saying.

TummyTurner
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 23 and couldn't even fathom having sex with a 15 year old. He knew what he was doing and deserved those charges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM

so is my DH. He was 19 with a 15 year old girlfriend (the law here is 4 years, and they are literally 2-3 week sover that damn 4 year rule ... back then, now he is in his 30's) and he pissed off step-daddy one day, so he called the cops on him. The mom and daughter tried to NOT press charges, but the state picked them up o.O here it is 15 years from date of release, and he didn't get convicted until he was 21, and wasn't released until he was 23 o.O so we have another 5 years until he can get off the SOR!!!

I think it's all a load of bull!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

sorry i dont lcick on links...got a virus of off it once.

that being said 15 is the age of consent in a lot of places, like colorado and virginia.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

http://age-of-consent.findthedata.org/

click the age of consent and it will show you the age of consent youngest is 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

there are a bunch of them.  type in "age of consent guide state by state" and look it up.  hell some places have 14 as age of consent.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

http://www.clevelandrapecrisis.org/resources/preventing-sexual-violence/legal-age-to-consent-to-sex-in-ohio

Quoting elisesmom922:

I live in OH, and its 15 here. As long as it isn't an authority figure you are sleeping with, such as a teacher, police officer, pastor, etc.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

what states?! The youngest I thought the age of consent was in the USA was some states having 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Want to add that my own husband is 7 yrs older than me. We didn't get together til I was 22 and he was 29 though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)