Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because I got pregnant with our 1st child when I was 15 and he was 23. My mom was completely aware of the situation, but still ended up pressing charges. Now 8 years later we are happily married with 2 little girls. My mom and my dh both get along great now. My mom actually apologized to me about having him put on the SO list. Now with that being said it is hell trying to find places to live and he cannot attend any of our daughters school functions. He has to be on the list for at least 10yrs before we can go to court to have him taken off. Every time we tell our story people are usually baffled by the fact that we are still together. I am never one to judge someone on the SO list. People can get on there if they are peeing in public ect.... I know plenty of people this has happend to. My dh is an amazing father and husband. I just needed to vent a little bit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
sydjademom24
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Obviously in this state it wasn't since her mom was able to press charges against him. Think about it...what would a 23 year old want with a 15 year old girl? That's an 8 year difference! I know how immature I was at 15, a normal/respectable 23 year old wouldn't have had anything in common with me...or wouldn't have wanted to date me. I completely understand what you are saying and where you are coming from because it worked out for you and you love him so of course you want to defend him. But unless you are in one of those states where 15 is the age of consent, or you have parents that don't care who you are with and won't press charges, then technically what he did was legally wrong. And he's on that list for a reason. Yes I understand there are FAR more evil/disgusting men on that list....and that just being on the list people look at you the wrong way. All you can do is wait the 10 years out, and try to get it off then. People are always going to take issue with a grown 23 year old man being with a 15 year old it's just not right. Even if you jumped on him and started taking his clothes off, he's an adult and should have stopped it until you were of legal age. But crap happens...all you can do now is live with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

in some states 15 is the age of consent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a predator and deserved those charges. 

The fact you are married doesnt' change my mind.  I don't think any man who has a relationship with a child is a good person.  At 15 you are still a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
This would never be my daughter because if a 23 yr old slept with my 15 year old I'm 100% sure my husband would bury him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Wow.... How do you not see him as a predator? What on earth could you two have had in common at that age???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this
U should watch prince charming around your kids friends since he likes them young
LadyF86
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. that is kind of weird. 15 is soooo young. Seems a little creepy to me.

bellawomen
by Summer on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Glad to see the law finally worked.

My brother on the other hand had raped 4 girls I know of and still isn't on the list. They were all under 16 and he was 21 and older. Don't even get me started.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM
2 guys I went to high school with (they were 17), were at a party that a 15 year old snuck out of her house to attend. She got caught sneaking back in and started crying and told her dad the two guys raped her to take the heat off of herself. Thank god they were never convicted.

Quoting almondpigeon:

I never judge people listed as sex offenders.  A good friend of mine was at a party when he was 17...he had sex with a 15 year old.  Her dad found out & pursued prosecution. He's a registered offender & it has basically ruined his life. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM
So he liked sex with children? Yep... He deserved the charges and your mother did the right thing. You were15, a child and he was a 23 old adult! Fucking sick that liked children! You being married doesn't change it
gabby416
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM

My DF and I met when I was 17 and he was 25. 

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Your DH didn't pee in public, he took advantage of a child.  He belongs on the list, whether it "worked out" for you or not.

I dont consider getting knocked up at 15 as things working out, but to each their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN