Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those helicopter moms at the playground

Posted by   + Show Post

Who are afraid their precious snowflake will die if they climb up the slide (like every child does)

(obviously Im not talking about manners, Im talking about not letting them when you are alone in the park because its "dangerous")

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Replies (111-118):
Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM

My kids must be brilliant-I explained WHY you can't climb the slide-and when no one was there-they would say-=it's empty Mom can we climb it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Loft bed station. Is where I'm looking also look on way fair and hay needle I think it's called. Google loft bed with stairs and slide.

Quoting Tyrneathem:

Please, I have to know where you got it! That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for for my son's room. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. I'm sure there are moms who would freak out watching ds and me. I'm getting him a junior loft bed with stairs instead of a ladder, and a slide you can take off when you want. It's actually really cool. The mattress sits about 10 inches below the sides so he won't roll out. That way he can play on the slide even when the weather sucks which is about 90% of the time here.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM

that is the coolest looking slide ever!

LACHESIS
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM
My 4 year old wants to come visit! She says it is awesome.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

but i may add i don't think not letting a kid climb UP a slide makes them a helicopter parent *shrugs* 

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

lmao. my kids would be all over that! the only time i tell my kids i cant is if there are other kids running around that may try to come DOWN at the same time. and the funny thing is, i AM a helicopter mom. just not when it comes to them playing when i can see. kids get hurt. it happens. you live and learn. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM

She was thinking about going down a slide but chickened out hehe. She said she would if I went up with her, so i crawled  up there & tried...nope. she changed her mind hehe.

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

lol they should make all slides like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)