Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those helicopter moms at the playground

Posted by   + Show Post

Who are afraid their precious snowflake will die if they climb up the slide (like every child does)

(obviously Im not talking about manners, Im talking about not letting them when you are alone in the park because its "dangerous")

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not a helicopter mom but I dont let my kids climv up the slide becauae its rude and thats not what its meant for, unlike this which is obviously made for climbing up.
428pm
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM

it looks like a lot of the playgrounds where I live.  The pole is probably the switch for a splash pad

Quoting periwinkle163:

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably lead paint too.

Quoting periwinkle163:

That whole playground looks like it should be condemned, lol.

Right! Also what is with the pole just sticking out of the ground?

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Those helicopter moms should move to CA.  The regulations here are ridiculous!  I want to take my kids out of state just so they can experience one of these...

Apparently they are "too dangerous".  

And for the record my kids are allowed to climb up the slide as long as there's nobody waiting to come down!

428pm
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM

That looks awesome!! I've never seen one but would love to play on it!

Yea, a lot of these moms are justufying, well it's rude!  Well obviously you do it when you're alone in the playground geez.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Those helicopter moms should move to CA.  The regulations here are ridiculous!  I want to take my kids out of state just so they can experience one of these...

And for the record my kids are allowed to climb up the slide as long as there's nobody waiting to come down!

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM

That is awesome!  I would climb up it with them and slide down the other side. 

Provided that no one else is around or trying to use the slide at the time, I always let my kids climb up a slide.  It takes WAY more coordination, agility, strength to climb up a slide successfully than it does to sit on your butt and let gravity pull you down.  I think it's great when my monkeys act like monkeys on a jungle gym.  If they should fall onto the uber soft cushioned floor padding stuff they have at all our local playgrounds, I'm pretty certain they won't die.  Never happened yet, though and they've been doing it for years.

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM

LOVE IT!!!!

A_McCool
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I love a good merry go round.  

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM

no, I teach my son manners such as it is rude to climb up it to the kids who use it properly. No, hellicopter parenting there just manner teaching. Also when a child is coming down especially if the slide is covered its very easy for the kid climbing up to be kicked in the face or something else so nope I wont let him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I don't let mine climb up because its rude for the other kids trying to come down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I think you are misunderstanding 'helicopter' parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)