Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you do??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 15 Replies
When do you clean? Do you let the kids play and clean at night? Or clean all day long? When they are napping?
I'm curious
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Usually just throughout the day... This place isn't very big so I have time to keep it picked up throughout the day. When I have to scrub the bathrooms I prefer to wait until they are distracted, or DD will ask to help. I don't mind her helping just a toddler helping with that is more work than good most of the time.
tiffs2009
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I clean the kitchen at night while I'm making dinner. Ill do the dishes and clean/ mop the floor then so its all ready for dinner. It's still failry clean for breakfast so it works for us. I clean the main house after the kids are in bed but clean the kids room/ laundry during the day.
supernoodle2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I clean a little bit all day I do swoops threw the house a few times a day and pick up toys and trash the kids have left around and take care of that, then I sweep every day and vacuum every other day (most the time) and do the rest when its needed.

kavp84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM

The kids help me usually. But if its something they can't help me with I usually put a movie in.

SassyLeigh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I clean whenever I can. I try do things that I can get the kids into, like picking up their toys when they have a bunch out, or dishes, and dusting, Kids love to help. Most of my hardcore cleaning is done when they're not hear or when they're napping.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I clean once a day. Usually in the middle of the day.
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I clean the kitchen and do laundry every night after DD goes to bed. And depending on the time I have before I'm ready to go to bed, I organize my table and vacuum/sweep. On the weekends I do whatever laundry I didn't do during the week, scrub the floors, do the cat box, new sheets on the beds, vacuum everything (we have 4 animals) and clean out the fridge. I have rotating Saturdays, so a lot of times I break it up between Saturday and Sunday. If not, I do it all in one day so that I have one day to bumm around.

CafeMom Tickers
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Toys are put away daily of course. Dishes are done nightly.

Laundry, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming happen on Friday night and Saturday morning.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I work full-time so we pay someone to clean and do our landscaping when we're all out of the house.  Of course, I clean the kitchen each night after I make dinner, and the kids have to clean up their toys.  On the weekends, it's usually DH handling the laundry while the kids play and I cut coupons, make the food store list and do the food shopping.

chattycassie
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I work. My kids have chores they do. I do laundry and cook. :) They clean when they get home from school after homework. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)