Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were raped or molested as a child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies

Poll

Question: If you were molested or raped as a child? Do you think your parent(s) did all that they could have to prevent it from happening?

Options:

No, my parents failed in their responsibility to protect me

Yes, they did everything they could, it was just something tragic that happened to me.

Other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 219

View Results

What could have been done by your parents to prevent it? Not allowing you to spend the night at friends' houses? Keeping a better eye on you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM
The first time my mom could have stopped it. Second time i ran away too find a waiter that was all on me
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

The first time my mom could have stopped it. Second time i ran away too find a waiter that was all on me

Yes, but if the first wouldn't have happened, there's a good chance you wouldn't have done the 2nd. Would you agree?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I was molested by my grandpa. As were my three other sisters. Our parents never knew. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was molested by my grandpa. As were my three other sisters. Our parents never knew. 

Did they talk to you about 'touching' and things like that? Why do you think you never told? If you were the parent in that situation, what do you think you could've done to put a stop to it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No my parents were always working or arguing with each other. We were always at my grandparents. I think we were all scared to tell in fear of thinking that our parents wouldn't believe us. This is one of my biggest reasons I'm terrified to let other people watch my children. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Did they talk to you about 'touching' and things like that? Why do you think you never told? If you were the parent in that situation, what do you think you could've done to put a stop to it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM
i was molested by my older brother. My mom never knew untill three years ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Not when it was a parent that did it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My mother learned about what her brother was doing after reading my journal. She told me not to tell anyone, burned my journal on the grill, and allowed him over whenever he wanted. I'm hoping what I voted is obvious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My parents did everything they could to keep me safe and I was not molested. They had to know where I was absolutely every minute of every day and I didn't really have a car to go someplace by myself.

I did have someone start to do things to me against my will (thankfully he stopped), but it was after I was already in college and out of my parents' house. And I shouldn't have been there in the first place.

soontobe2
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM

It was my father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured