Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your house THE house SPIN OFF

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

When your kids' friends come over what do they call you?

My 16yo DS actually asked me "Mom the guys want to know what you want them to call you? They think Ms. Campbell is too formal & Mom or Dawn is too informal." So I offered "Ms. C" (as in what Richie Cunningham's friends on Happy Days called his mom). I work at a daycare & hear "Miss Dawn" all day- that's the last thing I want to hear at home!

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
They call me Ms. Sam. It's weird.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
My bff in high school just called my mom "mom 2"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChloeDolce1
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM

NOt yet....my kids are only 3 and 5..BUT my husband and I always talk about how we hope our hosue is the ones the kids all hang out at.  For the one and only reason is then we can keep tabs on our own kids.  I'd rather have them under my roof with their friends then them always at someone elses house where i have no clue what they could be up to. 

hollinicole
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I did too lol still do lol.....DD friends just got me Emily's mom they are 5 &6....I am a preschool teacher and hear Ms. Lolly all day long, its cute but could not handle it all day.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

My bff in high school just called my mom "mom 2"
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM

When my kids were younger (okay some still are LOL) I use to think the same thing. But then I thought "what if THEIR parents think the same thing?!" Most of my DS's friends he has had since elementary school so I have known them for a very long time. I have had them all over several times & met their parents a few times. I even had one dad call me to make sure I knew my DS was over at his house & was okay with it & then asked what time DS had to be home!

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

NOt yet....my kids are only 3 and 5..BUT my husband and I always talk about how we hope our hosue is the ones the kids all hang out at.  For the one and only reason is then we can keep tabs on our own kids.  I'd rather have them under my roof with their friends then them always at someone elses house where i have no clue what they could be up to. 

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Some called me Mrs. <lastname>  Some called me by my first name.  Some called me mom.

One of my sons friends (my son has a different last name, different father) used to call me Mrs. Scott's Mom.

kidlover2
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:35 PM
By my first name.
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Mom.

All my friends call my mom mom.
Lisha77
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Ms. Alisha or Kayden's mom. They're only 7 so they kinda say what feels natural to them.
nerd.stuff
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
My BFF from high school called my mom "momma king".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured