Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just need someone to talk to (depression)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

I posted on here before when i had my panic attack

well my anxiety is acting up again tonight and im depressed though doing better. I've been on meds for 25days now plus a Vit B complex another member told me about. i guess im worried about tomr. i've had two panic attacks, first one was nov 22, second was dec 22 when i had my mental break down. I have a therapy appointment tomr that im hoping will help. i've already taken my meds for the night and i need to get motivated to get a shower and get ready for bed but i just cant..... my anxiety is high right now and all i want to do is lay down and calm myself..... i have ativan if needed...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Awww, I'm sorry. Panic attacks suck. I had them for almost a year straight after having my son and for almost no reason either. I hope you feel better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Thanks me to. I just started having them and I hate it

Quoting MistyMoo:

Awww, I'm sorry. Panic attacks suck. I had them for almost a year straight after having my son and for almost no reason either. I hope you feel better soon.

SpOtTeRzChiCk89
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
my guilty pleasure is a cigg.. And loud music, hot hot hot hot shower to melt my anguish and putting on makeup. I do that during naptime and by the end of it all, im a new person. I used to have to take meds etc.. I decided that it just wasn't healthy and learned my own way to get through the day.. No easy process i beat a couple people with my bat but now all is well and my kids love me
Beth3721
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Take your meds in the morning.  It should help in the long run.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I smoked and drank a lot of coffee, I quit smoking and I hardly drink coffee and the frequency decreased, but I still get one every once in a while and when I get them they're really bad.. Like to the point where I won't leave the house and I feel like I'm going to pass out and I get dizzy and stuff.. It's ridiculous :( when did you start getting them and how long have you felt like this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MistyMoo:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I am sorry :( Is something in particular bothering you ?

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM

does talking about whats going on help?? if so than whats going on?

gma12.1
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I am bi-polar II, anxiety/panic disorder, ptsd, ocd. I remember those days of being so depressed and anxious that I really thought I was going to either explode into a million pieces and leave one hell of a mess for someone to clean up or just go to bed and stay there for days. I did go to bed and stayed there for close to 2 months, only showered, and other hygeine stuff every few days. I was on Xanax for the anxiety. Once I got into therapy steady and found a therapist that I liked and was comfortable with things got better. I had to go a long time with changing meds before finding what works for me now. I still had good times and bad. Bi-polar II is where you are more often depressed than manic. My manic episodes were extreme but short lived 12-36 hours followed by days even weeks of depression.

Right now I am doing pretty good. I had only been seeing my therapist every few months to touch base and get my meds refilled. Before I got to that point I was seeing one once a week, then twice a month, then once a month then once every 6 months. This was a very long process and right now I am back to seeing her at least once a month and we talked about me coming in twice a month. My stress has gotten so bad that my panic attacks are coming back. It is bad when I can sit on the couch watching tv and a commercial sets off a panic attack. I don't want to become house bound again so that is why I have begun going back to see her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I got my first one Nov 22 though at the time I blamed it on bad food. My next one was Dec 22 and that's when I ended up having my break down. I got depressed and thought about killing myself. As for the why well my family and ky therapist thinks its because I never dealt with the abuse I surffered from my ex boyfriend plus the childhood abuse from my bio dad. My brother had a break down last year to.

Quoting MistyMoo:

I smoked and drank a lot of coffee, I quit smoking and I hardly drink coffee and the frequency decreased, but I still get one every once in a while and when I get them they're really bad.. Like to the point where I won't leave the house and I feel like I'm going to pass out and I get dizzy and stuff.. It's ridiculous :( when did you start getting them and how long have you felt like this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MistyMoo:

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take the shower... It might just relax you a bit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)