Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else sleep separate from their spouse?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

he snores, and I'm done. Earplugs don't work. The only thing that would work is smothering him but since that's against the law, I sleep in my kid's room. How about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Yes and no.. DH sleeps on the couch a lot because dd still wakes up and he gets up with her and watches movies and plays with her. He comes to bed late.. But he's always there in the morning to greet me before I wake :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM

He can stop breathing in his sleep and not wake up, seriously my dad has it and was very close to the not waking up when they decided to get him checked! Its really very dangerous!

Quoting Anonymous:

What can happen if he has it and doesn't get it checked?

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

AmyD43
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Stroke, heart attack, increased bp not enough sleep

Quoting Anonymous:

What can happen if he has it and doesn't get it checked?

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carebear10993
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My huband is Navy so he sleeps on the ship. When he is home we sleep in the same bed.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My husband used to sleep on the couch due to snoring. We find out he has sleep apnea and now he is on a CPAP machine and he no longer snores

Sleep apnea can be fatal, so your husband needs to be checked

BrooklynsMom11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Dh has been on the couch for about a year. His snoring has gotten insane. Dd usually sleeps with me half the night anyway. It works for us right now. Once she's in her own bed more we'll probably deal with his snoring. I wore earplugs to bed before having dd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM

My ex used to snore so loud. That I couldn't sleep. It annoyed me to no end. I let him sleep on the couch. Most of them time he was away on business. Thank heavens!

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM

My parents don't. My dad's snoring is ridiculous.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

yep. he sleeps on the couch. bed hurts his back.

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
We do. Hal the time he is sleeping at the station and when he is home he usually sleeps on the couch because he gets to hot and he says I'm hard to sleep with lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)