Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else sleep separate from their spouse?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

he snores, and I'm done. Earplugs don't work. The only thing that would work is smothering him but since that's against the law, I sleep in my kid's room. How about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Replies (101-110):
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:38 AM

No mine snores really bad but thankfully it seems to depend what state we live in. Since we left washington it had almost stopped. Now weve been in hawaii 2 weeks and I hear it slowly getting louder every night. My guess is the alergens. I have become a bit of a night owl, also i sometimes try and go to bed before him while he watches shows in bed and use ear plugs if I need then its like running the vacuum when a baby is asleep. Lastly, I just get used to it after long nights that feel like hard work lol.

I could never electively not sleep in bed with my husband. That would crush me if he did that to me. I'm not very picky or emotional and Dh always gives me credit for that. But even couch sleeping during arguments I think would hurt so bad. I feel like when physically together we should always begun and end our day together. Start and end on the right foot.

Can you ask your husband to see a dr for allergy or sleep apnea???

momsince04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:39 AM
If he is over weight and snores most likely he has sleep apnea. It's a dangerous disease and will kill him. Not only will affect his snoring but his eye sight as well. You can research it. After he gets on the cpap you will notice a big change in weight, attitude, and his general living. They have sleep studies that are done at home since a lot of people don't test well at clinics. They will give hima helmet to wear at night at home and he will report back. I strongly urge you to get it done. I've had a lot of patients have it, an they ignore it. The outcome is never good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I don't blame you at all! My husband snores, but he doesn't have apnea, and wouldn't use a cpap so sometimes I have to sleep in another bed.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:51 AM
My BIL got a mouth guard? I believe it's called, he doesn't snore when he wears it now. My SIL was like you and slept with the kids.

He should have a sleep study done to make sure it's not sleep apnea. My mom has that. She snored horribly before she got diagnosed.

Quoting Anonymous:

he snores, and I'm done. Earplugs don't work. The only thing that would work is smothering him but since that's against the law, I sleep in my kid's room. How about you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyD43
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I had surgery to remove soft tissue in back of throat. No Cpap machine anymore!! ;)

Quoting MommyLanie:

I snore...I have sleep apnea, my snoring stoppped once I got the machine.  I spent two nights in the sleep center.  1st night they observe how you sleep.   The second night they fit you with a cpap machine and adjust your levels.  Then you get the machine.  I sleep every night with it and the machine is quiet and so am I.  :)

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
my DH is 37, I wonder how high the risk is at his age

Quoting Emmakins84:

My dad has sleep apnea and didn't know it. It could be serious, depending on the age. He's 65 and recently had a heart attack due to a blood clot, but the doctor mentioned the sleep apnea and now sleeps with an oxygen machine.

Quoting Anonymous:

What can happen if he has it and doesn't get it checked?

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

griefstrickin
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I never get to sleep with my dh :( he is always at work at night then sometimes dont get home till thr next afternoon. He usually sleeps from 4-9pm give or take and he works every single night maybe he is off 2-3 times a month. I wish we could sleep together more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
We sleep on diffenrt beds but in the same room :) we co sleep with our littles ones :) he snores sooo bad that one day when we were sleeping on the sofa at my parents house ( i on the sofa him on a mattress right next to it ) but opposite . Like my head where his feet were and vice versa ... The time passed by and i couldnt sleep but he was sleeping happily and snoring like crazy so i got so pissed off that i let my leg. " fall on his face " and he woke up right away and i pretended i was asleep and i was like " what happened. ? What happened. ?" The snoring did stop for few times and i got my zzzz back :)
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Im deaf it works out great for me he can snore all he wants

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My husband's been having some horrible insomnia lately, so he's been sleeping in the living room. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)