Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else sleep separate from their spouse?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

he snores, and I'm done. Earplugs don't work. The only thing that would work is smothering him but since that's against the law, I sleep in my kid's room. How about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Replies (111-120):
michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM
My dad had it real bad! Almost 20 years my parents didn't sleep in the same room. I could hear him snoring in my room downstairs on the other side of the house! Was crazy! He's basically stopping breathing in his sleep. This makes people very tired during the day. It can affect their lives, no energy, falling asleep at bad times(in meetings, while driving!), and numerous health problems. It should be checked. My dad had to have surgery for a deviated septum, which helped, but still uses a cpap to sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

What can happen if he has it and doesn't get it checked?

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I used to, for the same reason... But he went to a sleep clinic and we found out he has severe sleep apnea. Now that he has the machine, it's quiet again, and he says he'd neve be without! It's a real lifesaver...

lucsch
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I have at times slept in the other bedrooms. I've always thought we should go back to having separate adjoining bedrooms. People aren't made to sleep through tossing and turning, snoring, coughing, scratching, farting, blanket stealing, etc. etc.from another person in the room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Yep! Our mattress hurts his back, which is ironic because it's a sleep number bed which he bought because of his back problems. It doesn't matter anyway. He emits a lot of body heat when he sleeps, so I can't sleep if he's too close to me. We "interact" more during the day when the kids are at school anyway. Nighttime isn't a big deal to either of us.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
It's pretty serious and getting it treated will be so much better for him in the long run! He'll feel so much better!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Nope sleep next to him every night
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM
lately i wind up in the living room a lot. partly due to snoring partly due to i cant fucking stand him.
New.OrleansLady
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM
We slept separate last night bc were on a business trip. There's 2 beds so I slept with DS who's 2. Worst night ever lol DS sleeps crazy and fell out the bed twice.
evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Only when his back is acting up, then he will sleep on the floor and dd sleeps with me. It's funny too because at bedtime she is always trying to climb in our bed first while convincing dh he is in pain, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Not sure if its been answered but sleep apnea makes they quit breathing at times during sleep. It can lead to death in some cases.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AmyD43:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN