Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else sleep separate from their spouse?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

he snores, and I'm done. Earplugs don't work. The only thing that would work is smothering him but since that's against the law, I sleep in my kid's room. How about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Replies (81-90):
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM

On ocassion I do sleep in one of our spare rooms with the kids. He gets up early and I am very light sleeper. But most nights we sleep together. After me and my siblings moved out of my parents house, the stopped sleeping in the same bed. My mom was a light sleeper like me and my dad was talker and mover as she put it and woke her up several times a night lol. It worked for them. But I agree get him checked for sleep apnea! Sleep apnea is not something to mess with.  

MommyLanie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I snore...I have sleep apnea, my snoring stoppped once I got the machine.  I spent two nights in the sleep center.  1st night they observe how you sleep.   The second night they fit you with a cpap machine and adjust your levels.  Then you get the machine.  I sleep every night with it and the machine is quiet and so am I.  :)

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

areyouatroll
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Depression, weight gain...

Quoting Anonymous:

What can happen if he has it and doesn't get it checked?

Quoting AmyD43:

Get him to go to doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! He stay 1 night at sleep center and then he will go home with Cpap machine and no more snoring.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:55 AM
My dh got a machine after only 1 night too

Quoting MommyLanie:

I snore...I have sleep apnea, my snoring stoppped once I got the machine.  I spent two nights in the sleep center.  1st night they observe how you sleep.   The second night they fit you with a cpap machine and adjust your levels.  Then you get the machine.  I sleep every night with it and the machine is quiet and so am I.  :)

Quoting AmyD43:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Lol awe has he considered surgery or tried breath right strips??
CheesyKitty
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:00 AM
I am tonight, heartburn is making it impossible to lie flat.

Maybe sleep will come if I pry the phone outta my hands.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Weve been married 8+ yrs. Weve done all of the home remedies, they do not work. He wont do surgery.

Quoting xtina8817:

Lol awe has he considered surgery or tried breath right strips??
xtina8817
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

No good :-( I'm sorry
MommyLanie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Wow...That would have been nice.  Didn't want to go twice even though the sleep center was nice.  Kinda like a 4 star hotel.  I just didn't like being recorded while I slept.  Hopefully I never have to go back.  LOL  

Quoting areyouatroll:

My dh got a machine after only 1 night too

Quoting MommyLanie:

Quoting AmyD43:

worship
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:07 AM
I do just cuz he works nights
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN