Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3rd grader, first time at Disney World?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've been thinking of taking my daughter to Disney World. We're headed to Florida anyway for visits with friends and work, it'd be convenient to tack on another week there. We've never been, we actually don't go to theme parks period. Nothing against them, there just aren't many in our corner of the country.

I've never been myself, so I have no clue what to expect. She's not huge into Disney, never got into the princess stuff thank god, but she does like rides, water parks, and she likes a lot of the non-princess Disney movies, especially some of the Disney-Pixar stuff.

Is she too old? Too young? Just right? She's a great traveller and very easy to take anywhere, so I'm not worried about her behavior, I'm just wondering if she'd be bored? Overwhelmed? Unable to ride lots of things?

Any Disney veterans care to weigh in?

April, come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain
May, she will stay
Resting in my arms again
June, she'll change her tune
In restless walks she'll prowl the night
July, she will fly
And give no warning to her flight
August, die she must
The autumn wind blows chilly and cold
September, I'll remember
A love once new has now grown old

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Oh definitely go!  It does not matter a person's age, she will love it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM
She'll have a blast. As a 3rd grader she would be able to ride everything. Its a must if you can.
MaySheWillStay
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Thanks! Do you know off the top of your head, or have a guess, as to if she'll be too short for many of the rides? She's 52" tall.

Quoting vetNmommy:

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Oh I am pretty sure she could do most of them. We took our kids to disney land when they were 4,3 and 3.  They loved it!  My oldest and one of the twins could do most of the rides. (not like like the big major ones of course)

Quoting MaySheWillStay:

Thanks! Do you know off the top of your head, or have a guess, as to if she'll be too short for many of the rides? She's 52" tall.

Quoting vetNmommy:

SwtSnowflake2
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I think she is just right. It's really fun! You can order a free DVD to watch. I think they even have some on Netflix if you have it. Watch it together and see if you want to do all of disney world or just one park.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting MaySheWillStay:

Quoting vetNmommy:

I think she could ride everything!  Tower of terror at Hollywood studios is the only thing she might not be able to do, but I think the requirement is 52. That's a great age to go!

MaySheWillStay
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Thank you all very much. I'm kinda hoping to surprise her, but I checked the website and the trip is definitely do-able in the short notice we have. I think I'm going to go for it and just tell her the night before to pack her bags early :)

Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM

bump i want some info too were going for Halloween, we will be in FL for my nieces wedding

Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I think 3rd grade is a terrific age and I am one of those who believes that there is such a thing as kids being too young for amusement parks. We took my son to Lego Land at ages 2 and 3, and he hardly remembers and was not that interested. At age 5.5, he wants to go back BADLY, and is really interested and will now remember being there, so we're holding off on the Disneys too until later. Have fun!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)