Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my cousin killed herself today *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
And all I can think is, "You selfish fucking BITCH! How could you leave your children? Especially you're daughter! How could you?"

I feel no guilt or sadness for her. Just ANGER. I am the one who had to tell her kids and watch them fall apart. I am the one who had to call her brothers and her exdh and hear them lose it. I had to call everyone. I'm the only adult here. I don't feel very adult. I want my Mommy. But she can't get here until tomorrow night. I have my cousins dd here crying on my couch. What do I do for her? How can I console her?

Edit: Thank you so much for the advice and nice words. It's been a horrible day. I got a text telling me she was going to do this and call the police. So I called 911 then her. She didn't answer. By the time they got there it was too late.

I had to go get her dd17 from a school project. It was awful telling her, poor thing. Same for her ds19, who is add/adhd and very emotionally immature. He is now the next of kin and completely unprepared for what he has to deal with.

I'm letting her dd17 sit on my couch and just be. He is with his friends now bottling it up inside.

My cousins mom, my favorite Auntie, passed in March last year. We all mourned but my cousin has not dealt well at all. But this? No one saw this coming. She wasn't sending out signals, no cries for help.

Her dd17 is like my own...I ache for her..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I am sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

hold her if she'll let you, make sure she eats and drinks a little.  I'm so sorry mama, hugs.

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM
4 moms liked this

You let her cry and hold her.  Then make sure she knows its not her fault. Children often blame themselves.  

stacey541
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I am so sorry. I would be angry and heartbroken all at the same time.

beachbabies6
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I'm so sorry

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM
How old is her dd?

That's horrible :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lamommy23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I am so sorry :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anariama
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM
5 moms liked this

People who kill themselves usually believe others would be better off without them.They are obviously not in a good frame of mind to do what is best.I really doubt she killed herself to be selfish.Sorry for your loss.

iloveslayer
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM
my god :( i could NEVER do that to my children! the thought of them hurting alone would stop me. Hold her tight! sing to her, just hug her... Poor girl :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN