Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pot Smoker?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you smoke marijuana?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

I smoke pot on a regular basis & have a 3 month old child. I have him in a different room though away from it & only do so when he's sleeping. I smoke it for the reason my anxiety gets very extreme & I have been on pills in the past. they've done nothing for me. I don't believe it's wrong. But I'm just wondering everyone else's opinion. Risky post, yes. But it's really in all honesty. Be anonymous, either way. Serious questions.

Are you a pot smoker?
Do you think it's wrong to smoke when you have kids?
How often do you smoke?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

my dh smokes for the same reason...pills do nothing and are worse than pot, actually. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I don't smoke pot. I did when I was a teenager. I don't really see the harm in it. Because I am all for it being legalized, my family often thinks I smoke it. I have not smoked pot since I was 16 though. I just don't think its a dangerous drug. I am sure many people disagree with me.

HippiePotpie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I smoke (daily) No, it isn't wrong. People drink in front of their kids why shouldn't I relax the way I want? I am bipolar and marijauna is what keeps me normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.

I dont think its wrong. I think living on pain killers and anxiety meds is worse. 

I smoke everynight after the kids are in bed. Sometimes I smoke during they day while they are at school and I clean!

kavp84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I haven't smoked for a while, but I'm pro marijuana. I don't think it's bad, I know it doesn't make you a bad mother. I realize a lot of people operate and get their opinions from movies where people do nothing but sit and smoke ALL. DAY. When I smoked I would take a few hits here and there, it was enough to calm my nerves, enough to lessen the stress. And at night I'd smoke a bowl and it would put me to sleep.

The reason I don't smoke now is because it's not legal here. If it were, I'd smoke again.

(And when I was smoking, I usually had two or three bowls a day)

If cannabis were legal, we wouldn't be going through these issues.

anon1986East
by Kali on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I smoke pot, I don't smoke it around my kids. I simply don't want to expose them to it at a young age, the same reason I don't smoke cigarettes around them. I always smoke when my kids are either not home or after they've gone to sleep. For the most part I get high for the fun of it, however with all the crap I've dealt with the last six months I have noticed that the pot is helping. My anxiety is fucking up my sleep again, I hate taking sleeping aids because they make me groggy for days but now I just smoke before bed and I can sleep without any side effects and I fall asleep easier with pot than with the sleep aids.

I don't think it's wrong, I don't think it should be illegal but people should accept and recognize that just like everything else you should use it responsibly.

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Yes I some everyday. Not around my DD and not I dont think its wrong to smoke it you have kids, I think it's wrong to smoke around kids though 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I wish I liked smoking weed cause I totally would but I just don't care for it. Doesn't bother me if people smoke...my kid's dad is a big pothead and he's still an awesome dad. I take lortab for pain for an autoimmune disease I have...they really don't help though. I've heard weed would lessen the pain so I really wish I liked it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I think pot is perfectly normal it's almost like the chances of someone smoking pot is 50/50

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I smoke almost daily and I don't need to justify it by saying it's for anxiety, or pain. I just do it because I like it, is that so wrong?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)