Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pot Smoker?

Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Question: Do you smoke marijuana?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

I smoke pot on a regular basis & have a 3 month old child. I have him in a different room though away from it & only do so when he's sleeping. I smoke it for the reason my anxiety gets very extreme & I have been on pills in the past. they've done nothing for me. I don't believe it's wrong. But I'm just wondering everyone else's opinion. Risky post, yes. But it's really in all honesty. Be anonymous, either way. Serious questions.

Are you a pot smoker?
Do you think it's wrong to smoke when you have kids?
How often do you smoke?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

my dh smokes for the same reason...pills do nothing and are worse than pot, actually. 

by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I don't smoke pot. I did when I was a teenager. I don't really see the harm in it. Because I am all for it being legalized, my family often thinks I smoke it. I have not smoked pot since I was 16 though. I just don't think its a dangerous drug. I am sure many people disagree with me.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I smoke (daily) No, it isn't wrong. People drink in front of their kids why shouldn't I relax the way I want? I am bipolar and marijauna is what keeps me normal.

by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think its wrong. I think living on pain killers and anxiety meds is worse. 

I smoke everynight after the kids are in bed. Sometimes I smoke during they day while they are at school and I clean!

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I haven't smoked for a while, but I'm pro marijuana. I don't think it's bad, I know it doesn't make you a bad mother. I realize a lot of people operate and get their opinions from movies where people do nothing but sit and smoke ALL. DAY. When I smoked I would take a few hits here and there, it was enough to calm my nerves, enough to lessen the stress. And at night I'd smoke a bowl and it would put me to sleep.

The reason I don't smoke now is because it's not legal here. If it were, I'd smoke again.

(And when I was smoking, I usually had two or three bowls a day)

If cannabis were legal, we wouldn't be going through these issues.

by Kali on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I smoke pot, I don't smoke it around my kids. I simply don't want to expose them to it at a young age, the same reason I don't smoke cigarettes around them. I always smoke when my kids are either not home or after they've gone to sleep. For the most part I get high for the fun of it, however with all the crap I've dealt with the last six months I have noticed that the pot is helping. My anxiety is fucking up my sleep again, I hate taking sleeping aids because they make me groggy for days but now I just smoke before bed and I can sleep without any side effects and I fall asleep easier with pot than with the sleep aids.

I don't think it's wrong, I don't think it should be illegal but people should accept and recognize that just like everything else you should use it responsibly.

by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Yes I some everyday. Not around my DD and not I dont think its wrong to smoke it you have kids, I think it's wrong to smoke around kids though 

by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I wish I liked smoking weed cause I totally would but I just don't care for it. Doesn't bother me if people kid's dad is a big pothead and he's still an awesome dad. I take lortab for pain for an autoimmune disease I have...they really don't help though. I've heard weed would lessen the pain so I really wish I liked it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I think pot is perfectly normal it's almost like the chances of someone smoking pot is 50/50

by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I smoke almost daily and I don't need to justify it by saying it's for anxiety, or pain. I just do it because I like it, is that so wrong?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN