Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate that I do this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

sometimes I talk to my husband like he's a child. today he "helped"  me in the kitchen. my youngest spilled half a can of corn on me and while I was tending to the child and cleaning myself up he "cleaned" up the mess. leaving a handful of kernels on the floor and just wiping most of the juice up with a paper towel. we finished dinner and then the whole household split on me. hubby went back to watching tv and kids ran off to play... and I blew up. I spent I don't even know how much time making a meal that I had to listen to my kids whine about and talk them into eating. got no kind of thanks.... got nasty corn juice all over me... and no one even offers to help clean up? 

so I ask my dh to come help and he says to me "well, this is what you get when you eat at home". I was so done by that point I just walked away. Yeah, that's what I get for trying to feed my family a cost effective nutritious home cooked meal. sorry I even tried.

I know I'm gonna get bashed. that's not even the worst part. when I was finally able to get my anger under control I came back to the kitchen and found that my hubby had tried to clean up... but he left everything a complete mess. and I just ripped into him... again. I regret it now because he won't even try next time... but geez, the sink was Disgusting. the sprayer had slimy nasty grease all over it. and I mean All over it. i think my child could have done a better job. Did his mother never teach him how? or does he just not care? does he think a magic fairy comes along and cleans up after him? if you're gonna help could you actually help instead of making a bigger mess?

I'm upset that my family doesn't appreciate the work I put in to keeping the house clean and putt ing food on the table. yes, my husband pays for the food but if it was up to him we'd be eating pizza hut every night. and he doesn't see a problem with that. grrrrr. how do I get this through his thick skull without talking to him like he's 3 yrs old?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM
He just doesn't care.
Kitschy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I've been there. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM
You don't. I hated it when stbx would try to help with shit like that. More work for me? Thanks, jackass! I'm really a "if I want something done right I do it myself" kinda girl...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM

probably. after dinner we were watching hoarders on tv. I told him that's what our house would look like if I stopped picking up after him. No reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

He just doesn't care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:32 AM

You knew how he was before you married him, sorry.

My6Rock
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Make yourself a meal before he gets home and freeze enough to reheat for later meals just for you, make a mess free kiddie meal (there are plenty of healthy quick ones out there that they would prefer to eat), use paper plates and plastic utensils, and tell him to pick up Jack in the Box!

Oh, and one more thing. If he doesn't pick up his trash, put it in his car before he goes to work. If he's as bad as you say, he deserves it, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM

hear you there. it's just easier that way. but I want to at least be appreciated. and it'd be nice  if he was able to step in every once in a while to help, like if I'm sick or busy. but he just doesn't seem to understand that when you clean something you have to actually get it clean!

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't. I hated it when stbx would try to help with shit like that. More work for me? Thanks, jackass! I'm really a "if I want something done right I do it myself" kinda girl...

eoewan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM

A rule in my house has always been: If you ask for help or for someone to do something for you, don't complain. If you are going to complain then don't ask for help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Men are just oversized children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I am quite sure he'd be just fine with that. every. single. night. but I'm not. it's expensive and unhealthy. 

Quoting My6Rock:

Make yourself a meal before he gets home and freeze enough to reheat for later meals just for you, make a mess free kiddie meal (there are plenty of healthy quick ones out there that they would prefer to eat), use paper plates and plastic utensils, and tell him to pick up Jack in the Box!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)