Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Contractions but not pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

Saturday afternoon I started having contractions at work. Since then whenever I am laying down or still I have them.  They don't hurt per se just uncomfortable. They start out being every 3 minutes (give or take) and then get more frequent (every minute). Is this normal? I have never heard of having contrations and not being pregnant. It doesn't feel like any of the cramps I've had. It feels just like the mild contractions I had 20 weeks into my 1st pregnancy

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mr.scariesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Maybe its really bad cramps. Hopefully you figure it out soon!! And feel better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Usagi1023
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:23 AM

BUMP!

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:24 AM

muscle spasms?

vrbtnseele
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Id talk to a doctor, couls bs cramps,...but are you 100 percent sure your not pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I get really bad cramps with my period and many months I'll notice that they will fall into a time pattern like contractions.  Like once every three minutes or once every minute.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM

curious what kind of birth control are you on? The only reason I ask is because I had the exact same thing happen to me but I had an IUD implanted just after my daughter was born. I had the worst cramps and they continued until I had it removed. I later found out that it was due to my cervix being pierced by the IUD. I wouldnt wish that pain on anyone. Hugs to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Could be bm cramps. I used to feel like i was in labor when i got them.
Usagi1023
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I ha e Implanon birth control rod. Its implanted in my left arm. 

Quoting Anonymous:

curious what kind of birth control are you on? The only reason I ask is because I had the exact same thing happen to me but I had an IUD implanted just after my daughter was born. I had the worst cramps and they continued until I had it removed. I later found out that it was due to my cervix being pierced by the IUD. I wouldnt wish that pain on anyone. Hugs to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Quoting Usagi1023:

Quoting Anonymous:

Check with a doctor it could be a side effect. I know with me they first said that it was because I just gave birth and it happens because my uterus is going back to normal size. After a few months though that wasnt the case. If the cramps are that severe ask your doctor and see what the possibilities may be.

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I have that too and after a year and half im hating it. Im having the worst migraines every day, weight wont come off and moody.

Quoting Usagi1023:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN