Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How am i supposed to handle this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My 2 year old is a handful.yes I know she's 2 and I've been around alot of 2yrs but mine tops the cake.

Over the last few days me and dh have been slapped,toys thrown at us,the dogs get beat up.you can't tell her to stop,you'll only get NO!.

Last night we went out for dinner and she slapped the hell out of me.everyone was like she needs a spanky but im not comfortable doing that.

Help any ideas on how to tame a 2 yr?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Spank her. Don't go overboard. Don't use anything but your hand. She's 2- so 2 swats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Time outs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

spank her ass!! the reason she does those things, is because she is allowed to do them!

aimeegreen4ever
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Time outs? That's about all I've got for behavior like that of you don't want to spank... Time outs work got my DS 2yrs. We make him apologize and we give him loves when time out is over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM

One spank on the hand and sternly tell her NO.  Show her what to do, "be nice and gentle" and rub her arm.  Redirect the situation, find something to distract her.   If you don't want to spank, do all of the above except that and in place of spanking, put her in room for a time-out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM
The next time she slaps me I will

Quoting Anonymous:

spank her ass!! the reason she does those things, is because she is allowed to do them!

nicoleg806
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I think you need to handle it the way you feel comfortable doing it. Time outs or have her sit down until her fit passes. I have the same 2 year old lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM

The reason she 'takes the cake' is because there's a difference in being around kids, and LIVING with them. She's 2. Start giving her rules, and enforcing them.

Danotoyou2
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Distraction and deny the battle. They're little sponges at that point, so seeing you calm, using a gentle voice and remaining in control will teach her to be calm, gentle and in control.

Calmly say "no" and try to distract her to do something else. If she throws a tantrum, ignore it.

There WILL be tantrums. There's no getting around that. How you respond to them is the question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I've tried that once and got the evilest look from her.not one tear from her

Quoting Anonymous:

One spank on the hand and sternly tell her NO.  Show her what to do, "be nice and gentle" and rub her arm.  Redirect the situation, find something to distract her.   If you don't want to spank, do all of the above except that and in place of spanking, put her in room for a time-out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)