Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

newborn wont sleep unless im holding her. please help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is 2 weeks old. She will not sleep unless I'm holding her. I'm getting no sleep because I'm up all night. I really don't want to co sleep with her, but I feel like that's my only option now. Please any ideas!?!?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (131-138):
kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I think you have a small vocabulary and are not very bright in how you are representing your opinion.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Well my opinion is you are dumb if you think a 2 week old is capable of self soothing. Letting babies cry it out makes you experienced? I think if you let a baby that little just cry and cry and cry you are shitty.
Quoting kitchen.ninja:

You are entitled to your opinion but do you wonder if mom leaves the kid alone, once again AFTER all needs are met, to cry for a bit the baby may just stop crying?

I speak from lots of experience with babies. Not some dumbass like you stated.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

2 weeks is extremely to young in my opinion to let a baby just cry and cry and cry. Its actually pretty damn mean.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

You know I recommend letting the baby cry because I have 3 kids all well passed the newborn phase.

In my experience of baby has no needs then it can be mom is holding baby too much.

Either way mom needs rest to properly care for the child.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

She just wants her momma. Don't let her cry it out like some dumbass here suggested. My baby is 2 months old and she didn't sleep well because she wanted to sleep on me and nurse constantly. I thought those sleepless days would never ever end but now things are great and falling into place. I am much more rested. Try a bouncer or a swing. Some babies protest against a crib or bassinet because they probably prefer something snugly like a swing or bouncer or mommys chest. It will get better. Hang in there! And congratulations.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hyman
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Same.

Quoting Kitschy:

I coslept. Sorry I'm no help. It seems unnatural to me to sleep away from an infant.

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Think what you want, I am not offended by your comment. We don't personally know each other so at the end of the day does it really matter what we think? I think not. I do however feel that you shouldn't give such horrible advice to a mother learning how to cope with the first weeks of being a new mom. I also feel that any person in their right mind (clearly you not being one of them) would agree that letting a baby who knows nothing about this world except for the comfort of his mother's womb cry at the tender age of 2 weeks is absolutely ridiculous and heartbreaking. I'm disturbed that you could just fall asleep and leave a baby to cry and on top of that tell another mother to do so herself. I actually feel bad for any baby left around you.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

I think you have a small vocabulary and are not very bright in how you are representing your opinion.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Well my opinion is you are dumb if you think a 2 week old is capable of self soothing. Letting babies cry it out makes you experienced? I think if you let a baby that little just cry and cry and cry you are shitty.
Quoting kitchen.ninja:

You are entitled to your opinion but do you wonder if mom leaves the kid alone, once again AFTER all needs are met, to cry for a bit the baby may just stop crying?

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

2 weeks is extremely to young in my opinion to let a baby just cry and cry and cry. Its actually pretty damn mean.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

You know I recommend letting the baby cry because I have 3 kids all well passed the newborn phase.

In my experience of baby has no needs then it can be mom is holding baby too much.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

She just wants her momma. Don't let her cry it out like some dumbass here suggested. My baby is 2 months old and she didn't sleep well because she wanted to sleep on me and nurse constantly. I thought those sleepless days would never ever end but now things are great and falling into place. I am much more rested. Try a bouncer or a swing. Some babies protest against a crib or bassinet because they probably prefer something snugly like a swing or bouncer or mommys chest. It will get better. Hang in there! And congratulations.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Your funny. You keep insulting me which shows what kind of person you are.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Think what you want, I am not offended by your comment. We don't personally know each other so at the end of the day does it really matter what we think? I think not. I do however feel that you shouldn't give such horrible advice to a mother learning how to cope with the first weeks of being a new mom. I also feel that any person in their right mind (clearly you not being one of them) would agree that letting a baby who knows nothing about this world except for the comfort of his mother's womb cry at the tender age of 2 weeks is absolutely ridiculous and heartbreaking. I'm disturbed that you could just fall asleep and leave a baby to cry and on top of that tell another mother to do so herself. I actually feel bad for any baby left around you.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Swaddle her.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I had my baby in a bassinett next to me...that way I could at least lay a hand on him if he cried.  They make bassinets that "attach" to a bed I believe, or they have a side down so it will fit right up to your bed.  I also coslept off and one with my baby.  Really didn't have a problem until he was about a year old, then he'd cry. I often would lie or sit next to his crib and rub his back until he fell asleep.  Things that one wasn't supposed to do but shit...I wanted to sleep. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just worried about rolling on her or something.

Quoting Kitschy:

I coslept. Sorry I'm no help. It seems unnatural to me to sleep away from an infant.

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Yes I'm just a bad person. I don't torture newborns lady. Good night.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Your funny. You keep insulting me which shows what kind of person you are.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Swaddling worked for both my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)