Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

newborn wont sleep unless im holding her. please help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is 2 weeks old. She will not sleep unless I'm holding her. I'm getting no sleep because I'm up all night. I really don't want to co sleep with her, but I feel like that's my only option now. Please any ideas!?!?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
imnotbarbie03
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I'm a co-sleeper too. And I didn't start out to be. 

I was just a breastfeeding new mom. My baby (who is now 6) would fall asleep nursing but scream if I tried to move him. I just stopped moving him. Why fight it?

I have two children. Both transitioned easily into their own beds around two and a half when they were ready for their own space. The whole "if you let them sleep with you, you'll never get them out" is a myth.

As long as you don't start trying to push them out, they will go to their own beds between two and three :) 

redhotmomma79
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this

buried?

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Is she so strong she is hiding you down?

Cry it out! You need some sleep to care for the kid properly.

Just make sure she is fed, changed and buried before bedtime.

veronicamw
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I cosleep with my babies I still cant get my 3 yr old outta my bed for an entire night but its okay he likes snuggling with daddy and daddy doesnt sleep well with out his cuddle buddy and my daughter 10months sleeps on my arm or holding my arm 

mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I co sleep too, or wear the baby when I am up and about

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I co sleep. Your body knows your baby is there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Yeah exactly. Our first night home from the hospital, DD put her in the swaddler, laid her down in the cradle and laid down. 

I just sat there looking at the cradle; he asked me what was wrong and I said I need the baby. She was quiet as can be, sleeping, but I could not have her away from me.

He tried to get me to lay down and let her sleep but no way, I needed her. Nearly pulled some of my stitches trying to get out of the bed to get to her.

From that night on she slept in my arms until she was 5 1/2 months old. lol

Quoting heathercm26:

I felt the same way. Everyone thought i was nuts but it was disturbing to not feel connected in some physical way.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

This. I never intended to cosleep but I simply could not sleep with her far away from me...even if far away was literally in the cradle next to me bed.

I needed her in my arms, to feel her warmth, hear her breathing.

She slept much more soundly in my arms as well, and it made nursing so much easier.

OP: Just cosleep with her. She has been comfortated by the sound of your heartbeat for the past 9 months. She felt snug and secure in your womb and now that she is here, you're just putting her off on her own..I would cry all night too. She is a newborn baby, she needs her mother. 

Quoting Kitschy:

I coslept. Sorry I'm no help. It seems unnatural to me to sleep away from an infant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Ahhhhhhh no! Not with a two week old! :/

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Is she so strong she is hiding you down?

Cry it out! You need some sleep to care for the kid properly.

Just make sure she is fed, changed and buried before bedtime.
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM
With my DD she slept in a bassinet next to our bed, I always made sure she was swaddled really well in order to get her to sleep without being held. With my DS we bedshared it was so much easier.
wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM
All three of mine either slept with me, or in a bed next to me, until they were 4-5 months old. Even after that I still slept with them if they woke up at night. You need your sleep, do what is best for you and your baby.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Then you'll just have to get in a quick nap during that time. She's a newborn. It's to be expected. I don't think there's much else you can do :-( Swaddling, swing....you'll be sleep deprived for the next few months. You'll make it. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but she wakes up after 15 mins.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

have you tried putting her in her swing ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)