Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your children take a shower with you??

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 30 month old son and sometimes he showers with me. Not often but kinda rare. If not he walks in on me since I leave the door unlocked because in the mornings it's just me and him home. Is this OK or I shouldn't be doing this at all since he is a boy. On another note, my 5 y/o sometimes showers with me but it is rare. Should I stop?? If your children do shower with you, what is the maximum age to stop??

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM

You stop counting?  My daughter is 132 months and 1 day old lmao!

Quoting moosesmom:

No. It's the only time I can be alone. What the heck is 30 months?? I stop counting after 24! LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Only while they are infants. The shower was my go to thing for an irritable baby. Its also really good bonding time. After that age, i dont want be worried about getting soap in their eyes or stepping on them. I also am not comfortable with my kids head bumping into my virgina. Lol
MonicaW87
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Mine are 5 and 3 and they shower with me all the time, the 5 year old just started taking showers on his own but that was his choice and as soon as he showed me that he could be in there without emptying his soap every time I was fine with it. DH stopped showering with the kids awhile ago but not really for any reason,shower time is after he's off to work :)

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:31 AM

My little guy is only 15 months, but I think it's weird being completely naked in front of him. Dh thinks its silly since he's so little. That being said, I like my showers scalding hot, so it probably wouldn't happen anyway (I call them lobster baths because they're so hot I come out red as a lobster!)

pilsonmama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I have 3 boys, 5,3, and 9 months. I hardley ever get to take a shower without atleast my 3 year old in there...as soon as he hears the water he is runnin in the bathroom, my 5 year old hardley ever will wanna get in the shower with me anymore which is fine with me bc i feel he is starting to get to big. I hope my 9 month old isn't like my 3 year old bc i would like to take a shower by myself again somtime! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I shower with my 4 yearold and 5 year old still my rule is when they start asking questions or try to touch but they havnt done any of that
NinjaMomma09
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:39 AM
my son is 3 1/2 and i still shower with him.. not often but sometimes it the only way to get him to bathe without a huge fit! its usually get in get clean than he takes a bath to play.. he is silly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barneysaid
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting NinjaMomma09:

my son is 3 1/2 and i still shower with him.. not often but sometimes it the only way to get him to bathe without a huge fit! its usually get in get clean than he takes a bath to play.. he is silly.

I do the same because I struggle with him to shower sometimes. He knows the rules....you shower then you can play =) He's 2 1/2 y/o.

ksueditz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
My girls ages 8,7,&3 take showers w/ me all the time. Easier to wash their hair and not get the floor wet. My boys stopped at about 6-7. I think once it makes THEM uncomfortable, it's time to stop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy_1034
by 2lilboogers on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Its normal . Just tell her its not nice .

Quoting Anonymous:

My 3 yo dd used to shower with me all the time, but now I don't even let her see me change because she has developed this weird fascination with my boobs. I'm not sure if it's normal but it makes me uncomfortable. If she wasn't weird about it I wouldn't mind showering with her. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN