Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your children take a shower with you??

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 30 month old son and sometimes he showers with me. Not often but kinda rare. If not he walks in on me since I leave the door unlocked because in the mornings it's just me and him home. Is this OK or I shouldn't be doing this at all since he is a boy. On another note, my 5 y/o sometimes showers with me but it is rare. Should I stop?? If your children do shower with you, what is the maximum age to stop??

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
shylynn22
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
My dd stopped at 3yo. My 2nd dd has never showered with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
britmichele
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I still shower with my 4 year old.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperHumanC
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I only let my son shower with me when he was an infant. Once he was about a year old we stopped. (It may have been sooner, I don't really remember b/c it wasn't often anyway...and he's 10 yrs old now so it seems like eons ago!)

KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM
i don't get how come ppl count Thar kids age in months one thy get 1..
i did wth dd till she got 4 .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:12 PM

my boys bathed together as that was easiest they are 17 mos apart. We all shower alone at this age. Well except sometimes me and DH hit the shower together lol

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM

when my son was 2 1/2 he would take showers with my husband but i never did shower with him i don't think. my daughter never has showered with either of us. i keep them outta the bathroom when i shower. my son is now 6 so i shut the door and ask him for privacy. he's ok with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

My daughter hates the shower. She only takes baths. I stopped bathing with her when she grabbed my nipples as if they were playthings. I told her to stop and that they were mine. She said, "Can I borrow them?" We haven't bathed together since (she was 3).

damionsmama7195
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

i stopped bathing with him when he was about 3 i think

Toxic.Stardust
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM

30 month old? you mean 2 1/2?

my DDs are 3 and 7 months and they shower with me. Saves time, and DD2 doesn't like napping much during the day for me to hop in the shower while she's asleep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN