Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I have to? - just another vent.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm really not looking forward to going back to work.

Before I left on maternity leave, I helped my neighbor get a job where I work. She started working the week after I left she's been keeping me in the loop as far as changes at work go. Also before I left, we got a new manager. I worked with her for maybe a month before I left on maternity leave, at which point I was VERY pregnant.

Anyway, my neighbor comes over the other day and tells me the manager has been talking about me. I guess she was telling my neighbor how lazy I am and that she isn't going to let my neighbor and I work together because she doesn't want me to influence the good work she's been doing..

That pisses me off. I worked with her for a month. For that month, I was 8 months pregnant. I was a whale and could barely walk around our store. My tiny body was having a hard time carrying the extra weight. I did everything I was supposed to do while I was working with her, minus walking around the store and greeting customers, and doing things that required me to pick up heavy boxes or bend a lot. Instead I stood behind the counter and greeted customers. I have ALWAYS been friendly to my customers ( even when I didn't feel like it. Hormones aren't the easiest to control when you're pregnant. I'm sure you ladies know.)

I even went out of my way to have a conversation with her to let her know that I usually work a lot harder then that, but I was having a hard time getting around and that I hoped that wasn't an issue. She said it was fine and she understood!

I also don't appreciate her talking about me behind my back. She barely knows me. I guess she's said some other things, but my neighbor decided against telling me details because she could tell I was already upset by the one comment.

I kind of want to confront her about it, but I don't want her to get upset with my neighbor for telling me. I don't know if I can just forget she said it. A part of me is going to wonder what else she's said about me and if she's even worth working for. Maybe ill look for another job before I go back. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM
I just need some advice on how I should handle the situation, or whether I should handle it at all.
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Just suck it up.  Prove that manager wrong, by working how you would work if you weren't pregnant, and prover her wrong, and let her eat her words. That is the best thing you could do.

opal10161973
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Why don't you go back and prove her wrong?  That is what I would do.  Make that bitch sorry she ever doubted your work ethic.  Then, if you do that for awhile and she still seems to be treating you not so great, get another job and quit.  Keep your eye out for a better job the whole time, just in case something better comes along- anyway.  That way, you can easily find something with a company that has not prejudged you on your nth month of pregnancy. 

Respect is often a better compensation than money.

Tiffany.twisted
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Ignore it. At least for the first little while.
Do your job as you normally would & see what happens from there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I would act like I never heard my neighbor say that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM

How do you know your neighbor is telling you the truth? She may be trying to start some drama. I'd find out the details before I said anything. I know from experience that this happens alot. I had a "good friend"at work that was all sugar to my face and telling lies behind my back, all the while she was asking me to help her do her job, while doing my own work. She would love you to your face and stab you in the back every chance she got. So, get the truth first, before you jump to conclusions.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM

this

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Just suck it up.  Prove that manager wrong, by working how you would work if you weren't pregnant, and prover her wrong, and let her eat her words. That is the best thing you could do.

1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Don't trust your neighbor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I would be upset with the neighbor. She knows that you are apprehensive about going back to work. To me, it sounds like the neighbor wants you to feel uncomfortable so that she can bolster her own position with the manager. I would do my job and prove to the manager that I am a great worker. 

Chesneyfan15
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:24 AM
As hard as it may be, I would go back to work as if ur neighbor never told you. See what happens. Maybe she is testing whether ur neighbor is trust worthy? Not the best way to do it but some people need to learn first hand. Good Luck : )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)