Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CIO Method Question

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When is a good age to use this method if you want to use it? Feedback from parents that do use it plz.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (351-352):
LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:40 AM

i agree. using CIO on infants create attachment disorder which is the base disorder found in ALL psycopaths.  An infant only crys for needs, they are not aware of wants.  To neglect a child's needs and be proud of it is insane and not a person I would refer to as a mother, juat a lady you birthed children she intends to break.

Quoting Salsacookies:

This woman has made it very clear that she doesn't care about the needs of her baby and therefore probably shouldn't have anymore. I find it hard to believe that since you have trouble with biologially having a kid, that you would treat your babies like that.

Quoting kappalopokis:

As a woman who can't have bio children, I really don't think this is fair to say to any woman.

It's such a sad, sad thing to be told you don't deserve a child.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I will say it to any woman who make her NEWBORNS CIO. That's fucking sick and she doesn't deserve any more children if that's how she's going to treat them. Selfish.

Quoting kappalopokis:

Please don't say this to any woman, ever.

Quoting Salsacookies:

That's kinda sad. I feel bad for your poor babies. Please don't have anymore babies.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm heartless I guess.

My kids it's my way from the day they're born.

They have a schedule from birth, my schedule. And yes, I do CIO with infants.

It's exhausting at first, but in a few short weeks its so much better for the kids. They, even as babies, learn our expectations as parents pretty quickly.

So, I do CIO from day 1!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM

No valid reason.  It was actually when he was about 3 months old.  All he did was scream and cry.  I reached a breaking point since I was sleep deprived.  Took him to the Dr  AGAIN when he was 4 months and demanded help.  That's when they tried the prevacid to see if it was acid reflux and sure enough, it was.  :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Why were you cio with you nb in the first place?

Ooh I did a modified Ferber method starting at 9 months with my youngest and the reg Gerber method with my oldest at 8 months..

Quoting Anonymous:

I was an advocate for this, then later learned my NB was screaming b/c he had severe acid refux.  I felt like total shit about it afterward. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)