Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are there any jewelers here.. or someone who can tell me what I might get for this? *pics*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I just need to know what I can get for a few pieces of jewelry I own.  Just a round about figure.  I thought I would ask here, to see if anyone would know if its worth the trip to a cash for gold place.  I don't think they are worth much ( besides sentimental ) but I am really in a jam and need the money. 

I have a 14kt gold water fall diamond ring

A 10kt gold heart shaped, CZ ring

A 14kt gold necklace with cameo pendant ( made in Italy if it counts at all?)

10kt gold necklace with dolphin pendant

I know nothing about jewelry sorry.  Do you think all this together I could possibly squeeze 40 dollars?  I really don't want to go lower.  My grandmother bought these for me ( except the waterfall diamond.. she gave that one to me from her collection).  I am just in a bad spot financially right now.  And I really need it to keep my bills paid. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:20 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:25 AM

anybody?

Piskie
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Pics are helpful... But your best bet is to sell them as scrap, so how much do they weigh?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Quoting Piskie:

Pics are helpful... But your best bet is to sell them as scrap, so how much do they weigh?

I don't know the weight unfortunately.  but i just posted the pictures.  sorry about the quality, i only haven my phone to take pics

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:40 AM
2 moms liked this

they will do the weight in gold so weigh them and take that weight and use it against the gold price and that is the lowest you will get, but the fastest money. private sale would get you more money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM

sorry i hadn't noticed tht i left the other necklace out

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Do you mean  like pawn shops?  I need the money no later than wed.  So if I can get more in that time frame that would be better.  I just didn't think they were worth that much to sell privately or to pawn.  I would like to at least hold on the the waterfall ring, since it was my grandmothers personal ring.. so if I could pawn it and then ge it back  when i get the money , that would be perfect.

Quoting bustybee:

they will do the weight in gold so weigh them and take that weight and use it against the gold price and that is the lowest you will get, but the fastest money. private sale would get you more money.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:53 AM

my experience with pawn shops is that they will only give you the value in gold, they don't care about anything else, even diamonds. you would probably have more luck pawning a tv or electronic system.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you mean  like pawn shops?  I need the money no later than wed.  So if I can get more in that time frame that would be better.  I just didn't think they were worth that much to sell privately or to pawn.  I would like to at least hold on the the waterfall ring, since it was my grandmothers personal ring.. so if I could pawn it and then ge it back  when i get the money , that would be perfect.

Quoting bustybee:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Oh ok. =/   I wish I had a TV or anything else to pawn.  I tried that and all mine are too old to pawn lol.  Thank you for your help tho =)

Quoting bustybee:

my experience with pawn shops is that they will only give you the value in gold, they don't care about anything else, even diamonds. you would probably have more luck pawning a tv or electronic system.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bustybee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)