Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Coughing for 2 months. Anybody ever been through it?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM
  • 18 Replies
I got a little sick two months ago. I had mucous in my chest and just a bit more than normal post nasal drip. It sucked and it has gotten better, but not completely gone away. Some days I wake up and hear and feel the mucous bubbling in my right side(its been just the right side feeling like that since day 1), then other days I'm almost normal. Ever since then I have been sensitive to strong smells, and get into coughing fits. I sound like I am a smoker when I cough mixed with being sick... Like its a deep sounding cough sometimes that hurts my chest, then a lot of times there's also a wheezing sound when I cough.

I have no other symptoms though... Even when it was bad I just felt tired but no fever or anything. Two weeks after I first began I broke out in hives for a week straight and needed steroids plus Benadryl and Zantac. It got a tiny bit better but not by much. I don't want to go to the doctor because I hate going, but people keep pestering me about going. My husband really wants me to go but I would feel like an idiot when I've got no other symptoms.

Anybody been through this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Believe it or not, I'm saying sinus infection. When I first went back to work I thought my lost voice and coughing were because I wasn't used to talking so much and being in the dry, bar air. After a month I wasn't getting better and started coughing so hard I would almost throw up, but nothing would come out, my hubby forced me to go to the dr. I got there and he asked me if it felt like I had a sinus infection, and I told him no, like a weak version of bronchitis. He laughed at me and told me that's why he's the dr.
tiffs2009
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Idk... My 6 yr old was coughing for weeks but no real "cold" symptoms. Trund out she has asthma and its called brochio spasms. It's caused by cold air I guess. She has an inhaler now.

I would go in, it's not normal.
GL
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Yeah but I have reoccurring bronchitis and asthma. Doesn't help that I'm a (light) smoker.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:20 AM
I am the same way. It all started with my allergies draining so bad I felt sick. Then my nose was stuffy and now I have a cough. Its the reason I am awake at 3 am. Offs hard and makes me gag but that is normal for me sometimes. I hope you figure it out.
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I get sinus infections so much, so I would not doubt that is a possibility. I don't have any of my typical symptoms of sinus infection though(sore throat and congestion and needing to blow my nose a lot)... So strange lol.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Believe it or not, I'm saying sinus infection. When I first went back to work I thought my lost voice and coughing were because I wasn't used to talking so much and being in the dry, bar air. After a month I wasn't getting better and started coughing so hard I would almost throw up, but nothing would come out, my hubby forced me to go to the dr. I got there and he asked me if it felt like I had a sinus infection, and I told him no, like a weak version of bronchitis. He laughed at me and told me that's why he's the dr.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Yes, with bronchitis that developed into pneumonia.

I got it 4x a year, every year for 4 years (during high school, at season changes, in foster care)

Go to the doctor.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM
This is a possibility. I have a hard time with sinus allergies in the states, but they have been better since I moved here to Okinawa... Like almost non-existent. I've been enjoying that a lot lol, but maybe its been so long I forgot how it can feel. I usually don't get a lot of post nasal drip with allergies though(or coughing), instead it usually is lots of congestion and regular nasal dripping and itching. I've had a sore throat off and on, but only when the post nasal drip gets real bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am the same way. It all started with my allergies draining so bad I felt sick. Then my nose was stuffy and now I have a cough. Its the reason I am awake at 3 am. Offs hard and makes me gag but that is normal for me sometimes. I hope you figure it out.
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM
My dd has been sick for a month everything is gone except for the cough so I brought her back to the Dr she was diagnosed with Bronchitis and finally put on meds.
Emmakins84
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:05 AM
My sister had the same symptoms and after a few weeks, she gave in and went to the doctor. Turned out to be bronchitis and needed antibiotics. This was back in October and she still has a cough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:05 AM
It sounds like you need to go to the doctor momma. You'd take your child if they were having the same symptoms, right? Gotta take care of your health too.
Hope you feel better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)