Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you work? Poll

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

Poll

Question: Why do you work? Pick the one that fits best. I know it's probably a combination.

Options:

Strictly to earn money. (You do not enjoy having to work but got bills to pay.

A sense of accomplishment, you wouldn't feel fulfilled without your job.

Because you are an ADULT and that is what responsible adults do.Even if you had enough money you would work because society expects you too.

To avoid a low status symbol. If you didn't work you might be looked at as gold digger or mooch.

Because you were BORED at home, you want a reason to leave the house and see the people. The money isn't why you are working at all really.

Another?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Edited the same post into poll form.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shymomof4
by Kristyn on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I don't work. I got laid off in August. When I was working it was for something to do. I had been a sahm for 6 years. All of my kids were in school and I was going crazy at home all alone. I also wanted the adult interaction.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMal1
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I planned to be a sahm for a year, but ds is 4 months now and I got offered a pt position as a town administrator. They are paying for my entire education as part of my training. How could I pass up an oppertunity like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll add boredom to Op lol.

I should have thought of that myself, it's why I got a pt job.

Quoting shymomof4:

I don't work. I got laid off in August. When I was working it was for something to do. I had been a sahm for 6 years. All of my kids were in school and I was going crazy at home all alone. I also wanted the adult interaction.

pattya925
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Probably a combination.  I am a single mom and have to provide for our family (so yes that responsibility reason pops up as well!).  I need the adult interaction and challenge that nursing brings - it saves my sanity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM
I'm sorry if the question doesn't really make sense. It did in my head, but I'm not wording it right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM
bump
MiddleAgeMess
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM
For the money & to not appear as a gold digger off my husband.

I HATE my job. Dread going in most days. :(

I make 1/3 of what he does & we both work full-time. It would be so much better for the family as a whole if I only worked part time, but I'm afraid to even bring it up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM

poll? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Maybe later in the morning. Mobile now.

Quoting Anonymous:

poll? 

Shelhead
by Michelle on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:33 AM

To make money (I'm make a lot more than hubby), love what I do and  would not make a good SAHM full time because I enjoy my line of work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured