Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A group of people of have demanded extra fare for strollers.*update*

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 82 Replies

What do you think?  Should strollers be banned from buses or require extra fare?

*update*

On the news the bus company rep. said they would not charge more for strollers.  But they are looking into limiting how many strollers they allow on each bus at a time.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
428pm
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM

bump

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM
No, they shouldn't
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Up to the company. You can always carry your kid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

They DO take up extra room so I can kind of see their point!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I don't think they should.
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
i dont think so. but it depends on how big the bus is. i live in baltimore and our mta is pretty awesome. most of the buses are huge and there's plenty of space. also i've never seen a passenger get on the bus and like, cause trouble with the stroller or need any assistance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I don't ride buses, but I do know at the mall, we were in a game stop and this bitch knowing good and well she could have backed up and turned around just stood there with her stroller trying to pass by us in the smallest area possible. I wouldn't let my husband move and then she got really pissed. So I said why would you bring that big ass stroller in this tiny store with a 4 year old in it? She basically plowed us out of the way.. yeah showed me! Bitch. I hate strollers.
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM
10 moms liked this

no, neither. that's ridiculous. A few years ago when I left my ex, I had to go to a women's shelter for about a month. I had no car. my kids were 2 and 3 and the time, and we walked EVERYWHERE. I had them in the stroller because it was way too much walking for them. We took the bus a lot and there is no way i could have afforded to pay extra every time I got on the bus. Typically women who are riding the bus with kids in a stroller dont have a car, which typically means they dont have much money. I dont think it would be fare to punish them even more. 

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM

No I don't think so, it is not like there will be 50 stollers on each bus.

unspecified42
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

If fat people have to pay for two seats on airplanes, moms should pay for them on the bus as well. Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)